Force the club into firing Pellegrino..

ben.everitt

It's apathy for a lot of fans I think. People care less about modern football. Five years ago I would have been up in arms like a lot of people on here and at the stadium, but last night I just stood there numb to what was happening in front of me. The premier league is a money spinning competition for the elite and the rest of us just go along to watch dross designed not to compete but to stay up.

This is pretty much how I feel - I'm not at all bothered if we go down, not fussed in the slightest. I think we flirted a bit above our station to be honest, so to see us struggling now is no real surprise to me. I agree with the point about money as well, let's face it there are the 'haves' and the 'have nots' - we are the latter. We can comfort ourselves in the fact that we have provided quite a few players who have gone through our system and onto the higher echelons of the 'haves', so in that respect we have been successful. But that said the money has ruined the league, obscene prices and obscene wages - very few fans will dine at the top table in their lifetimes.

Whilst I'm not bothered about relegation I do actually feel sorry for the kids. My son is just getting into football and I just wonder will he see us back in the Premiership any time soon. If we go down this season - will we recover as quickly as we did last time? I don't think we will, when you look at the clubs down there it's frightening to think of the Leeds, Birmingham, Wolves and Sheffield's have all been trying for many years to get promoted without success.

All of that said - relegation or not, I will continue to go to games - it ain't the end of the world!