fa youth cup

sad saints fan

It was a most entertaining match.

What impressed me most was the speed of some of the players, in particular Preen, Hoskins and McLean, and their ability to control the ball and then shoot as they ran. They would have scored more if it hadn't been for Hereford's best player, their goalie.

Another player with pace was Jordance Holder Spooner who came on as a sub. He is built like Antonio and has good awareness of what the other players around him are doing.

Tafazolli and Racine are an excellent centre back pairing and they looked in control throughout.

Some promising players for the future.

What impressed me most was the speed of some of the players, in particular Preen, Hoskins and McLean, and their ability to control the ball and then shoot as they ran. They would have scored more if it hadn't been for Hereford's best player, their goalie.

Another player with pace was Jordance Holder Spooner who came on as a sub. He is built like Antonio and has good awareness of what the other players around him are doing.

Tafazolli and Racine are an excellent centre back pairing and they looked in control throughout.

Wow ... a name right up there with Forbes Phillipson Masters :D

Better start thinking of a song now, it might not be too easy ;)

Yes, good entertainment. Its not often you come away from St Mary's having seen Saints win 6-0! Good everywhere, we had more height, pace and technical ability as a team. Some good individual performances - Daryl McLean looked to me like a clone of Antonio, and the centre back pair were way too solid for the opposition. Sam Hoskins stole the show with 4 goals with a bit of a Pahars performance - pacy with good close control and positional nous. The one that really caught the eye though for me was Jordance Holder Spooner, even though he only came on as sub - great skills and bags of confidence.

Totally agree.It is fantastic watching these young men enjoying their football in such an inhibited way.There was a lot of ability being shown out there, sadly, not all will make it through to the first team and in reality it will only be 1 or 2, that is the nature of football life. In the mean time enjoy the ride lads, life doesn't get much better.

Agree with all of this although It should be considered that the opposition were very poor. I was particularly impressed with McNish in the middle - strong, skilful and excellent awareness. AP, NC, Dodd, Henderson and Wilkins were all in attendance last night too for a confident performance so a good night all round for those players.