Speedway 2010 - The thread for those who are likely to read it ;)

chrisobee

As I stated on the Motoring Forum and as Bungle correctly predicted ( well done!) the original thread is lost on there and as a non driver who knows litle about cars and cares less I'm bringing it home!

St Landrew: no offence but I would like it on here please so do whatever with the original thread but please do not move/delete this or if you do please move the original back. Thank you kindly !

New season is just about to start. Unfortunately I don't have Sky Sports so am not going to be able to watch as much as I'd like. After their dismal showing last year Poole actually start this season as strong favourites to regain the Elite League title. The signing of Darcy Ward looks a superb one and with Chris Holder, Bjarne Pedersen, Davey Watt and Jason Doyle the top 5 looks to be the strongest of all the teams.

I do like the look of Belle Vue Aces with their signings of Hans Andersson and Peter Karlsson.

Peterborough and Lakeside along with Swindon look the best of the rest to me, no doubt for me Eastbourne will struggle in spite of signing Matej Zagar.

• 2 weeks later...
Destroying Peterborough last night without the star reserve was very good performance.

It was a great team performance, but in particular Havelock who came in for Mroczka and scored 7+2 including some great passing. Madsen and Ward looked promising, Watt was solid, and Bjarne showed signs of getting back to his best. Holder looked almost untouchable, despite one loss to Batchelor which he won't have enjoyed.

The big test comes on Friday in the reverse fixture against Peterborough, but it looks like it'll be a good season for the Pirates.

Another solid performance last night, walloping Coventry 63-29. Watt and Mroczka were outstanding. It was a shame Doyle fell, then blew a motor otherwise the margin would have been greater. The reserves are both far too good to be riding there, and Watt was a steal on a shade under seven point average. This is one of the best Poole teams I can remember, and when Ward finds his feet and Holder and Bjarne both click in the same meeting, then we'll be unbeatable.

• 1 month later...
How the hell does Chris Harris bounce around on the track and still win the British Final. Took a couple of hellish tumbles last night but still picked up the trophy. Man must be made of rubber!!

He's made of something other than us mere mortals that's for sure, these speedway riders sure are a tough bunch !

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Smallbrook to watch the Islanders v Buxton Hitmen a couple of weeks ago and the racing was pretty poor to be honest. Virtually no passing, first out of the gate usually won etc. Looking forward to Cardiff in a couple of weeks though!! That will be a different kettle of fish if the other GP`s are anything to go by!

They are down in NL now aren't they? I've not seen a NL match yet, so no idea how good the racing would be. From watching junior matches at Poole after the EL, I get the feeling the youngsters struggle to overtake (not that I'm volunteering to have a go!!).

Heard lots of good things about Somerset track - so really looking forward to it. Should have gone before now, really.

They are down in NL now aren't they? I've not seen a NL match yet, so no idea how good the racing would be. From watching junior matches at Poole after the EL, I get the feeling the youngsters struggle to overtake (not that I'm volunteering to have a go!!).

Heard lots of good things about Somerset track - so really looking forward to it. Should have gone before now, really.

I went to Kings Lynn speedway twice last year while we were on holiday in Norfolk. Saw their NL side first week and their PL side the second week. You could definitely tell the difference in the standard even at that level.

• 3 months later...

Tonight is the second leg of the final against Coventry, which is finely poised. Poole need to make up a twelve point deficit, which hopefully should be achievable. Only one team has got within that at Wimborne Road all season. If Mroczka has a good night, and Doyle doesn't fall off too much we should be ok.