some fun ideas for tomorrow

Turkish

how about a bit of friendly competion between us all tomorrow? How about a bit of comeptition on the trains and so on. Maybe a few awards on monday for the following....

Best fancy dress

Best decorated carriage on the way up, you know balloons, flags etc, i see a few are already planning on filling their carraige with balloons so they might have stolen a march on this award -lol!!!

Loudest carriage

Best face paints

Funniest comedy t-shirt- i'm sure a few groups will have got those done.

I think this'll really get the atmosphere going from the minute we get on the train. Mabe a poll on monday with the results?

the trains are going to be busy enough without a load of balloons.

If people need balloons, fancy dress and face paints to get up for this game they probably shouldn't bother going.

It'll add to the fun, hope the train drivers are Skates, Londoners or northerners and when they see us all in our facepaints, wigs and balloons looking like a cross between coco the clown and William Wallace they will go back to their home towns and say what a great bunch of fans those saints lot are.

Won't be the same without a high % of WGS wigs and tam-a-shanters though.

Those ginger wigs were a bit racist in my opinon. Bit of a slate on the scottish saying they are all ginger, i mean, we wouldn't put black boot polish on our face if Paul ince was our manager would we...

Those ginger wigs were a bit racist in my opinon. Bit of a slate on the scottish saying they are all ginger, i mean, we wouldn't put black boot polish on our face if Paul ince was our manager would we...

It wasn't a Scottish thing, it was a WGS thing.

I think you will find that the Scots and the tartan army were the first to take to these hats as a self parody.We wore them as a 'tribute' to WGS.

Nothing racist or offensive intended whatsoever by anyone who wore them.

Think you need to lighten up, if you do indeed see this as in anyway offensive.

I think you will find that the Scots and the tartan army were the first to take to these hats as a self parody.We wore them as a 'tribute' to WGS.

Nothing racist or offensive intended whatsoever by anyone who wore them.

Think you need to lighten up, if you do indeed see this as in anyway offensive.

Self parady is fine, i mean black people call each other the N word, but when white people say it then it is, quite rightly, not acceptable. If i was Scottish i would be none to pleased to see 10,000 English football fans walking round in ginger wigs and kilts. In the same way that if we had an asian manager it wouldn't be acceptable for 10,000 fans to wear turbans in the name of fun.

Self parady is fine, i mean black people call each other the N word, but when white people say it then it is, quite rightly, not acceptable. If i was Scottish i would be none to pleased to see 10,000 English football fans walking round in ginger wigs and kilts. In the same way that if we had an asian manager it wouldn't be acceptable for 10,000 fans to wear turbans in the name of fun.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Tonight and tomorrow should be about expectation and celebration of Saints,rather than entering this type of debate.

We will have to agree to disagree.

Tonight and tomorrow should be about expectation and celebration of Saints,rather than entering this type of debate.

I agree, but we do need to stamp out the undercurrent of racism and xenaphobia which is prevelant in this society.

Anyway, i digress, what are you plans for tomorrow? How are you going to dress your carriage?

Gingers aren't a race

Scottish people aren't a race

It's only Xenophobia if some form of dislike or fear is implied.

Hope this helps.

So jokes about ginger people are funny are they? Jokes about Scottish people are funny are they? They may not be a race as in a different colour skin to but they are a proud nation who suffered years of oppression and tyreny at the hands of the English in a bygone era. People crack numerous jokes at the expense of ginger people so therefore that is some form of dislike. I think mocking them by walking round wearing kilts and wigs is at best distateful, bearing in mind what happened back in the 15th century when nobles were allowed first night rites with any newly wed Scot. Not quite so funny calling them sweaties now is it?

Gingers aren't a race

Scottish people aren't a race

It's only Xenophobia if some form of dislike or fear is implied.

Hope this helps.

I'm not certain the Scots would agree with you on that one. And I am certain that a hell of a lot of them hate us with the sort of vengeance that we would normally reserve for the fishf*ckers

I'm not certain the Scots would agree with you on that one. And I am certain that a hell of a lot of them hate us with the sort of vengeance that we would normally reserve for the fishf*ckers

as jesus once said, turn the other cheek......

I agree, but we do need to stamp out the undercurrent of racism and xenaphobia which is prevelant in this society.

Anyway, i digress, what are you plans for tomorrow? How are you going to dress your carriage?

Drive Glos to London outskirts,or even Beaconsfield.Kids will bedeck car with scarves.

Looks like Miffy and I will bombard each others sections with ballons and inflatables (!).

So jokes about ginger people are funny are they? Jokes about Scottish people are funny are they? They may not be a race as in a different colour skin to but they are a proud nation who suffered years of oppression and tyreny at the hands of the English in a bygone era. People crack numerous jokes at the expense of ginger people so therefore that is some form of dislike. I think mocking them by walking round wearing kilts and wigs is at best distateful, bearing in mind what happened back in the 15th century when nobles were allowed first night rites with any newly wed Scot. Not quite so funny calling them sweaties now is it?

Yep.

how about a bit of friendly competion between us all tomorrow? How about a bit of comeptition on the trains and so on. Maybe a few awards on monday for the following....

Best fancy dress

Best decorated carriage on the way up, you know balloons, flags etc, i see a few are already planning on filling their carraige with balloons so they might have stolen a march on this award -lol!!!

Loudest carriage

Best face paints

Funniest comedy t-shirt- i'm sure a few groups will have got those done.

I think this'll really get the atmosphere going from the minute we get on the train. Mabe a poll on monday with the results?

If any of you do any of the above in our carriage, make no mistake you will be thrown off!

If any of you do any of the above in our carriage, make no mistake you will be thrown off!

Come on Wagon, we all know you want sit next to me spending the journey blowing up balloons and discussing tactics and what songs we are going to sing. I'll even put some face paints on you if you are make me laugh more than twice :D