The Greyhound Coach thread

Saint Fan CaM

Hello to all Saints fans around the World from Greyhound coach no.1 on it's way to Wembley. As these coaches have wi-fi I thought it would be pretty cool to give a bit of BLOG etc of the day.

So here we are on great day out to watch our club at Wembley. The sun is trying to shine as we sit waiting for the off outside the Platform Tavern. Apparently there will be a stop off in Chandlers Ford. There are another 4-5 coaches behind us to add to the 100 or so official ones setting off from SMS.

Anyway, that will do for now- I'll add more as the day progresses.

Just crawling past the iconic Hoover building. Amazingly it is now occupied by Tesco. Just 4 miles away now and the arch is in sight. 2 hours to kick-off and I am now getting pretty excited. The whole coach is buzzing. Just been past an electronic sign warning of a 'major event' at Wembley! Wonder what that is then?!

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

What a great match that was. Back on the coach now aching to sink a pint but will have to wait for that. Saints support seemed to fill at least 2/3 of the stadium even with the missing 20k.

The team played really well with Jaidi and Fonte impenatrable. Lambert was awesome once again. Can't think of much else to say at the moment - not all sunk in.

What a brilliant result!! Just sat on coach 4 now waiting for 9 people to turn up - could be here a long time :(

Yeah we just left car park. Got to feel a bit sorry for the handful of Carlisle fans who were left in the car park looking for their coach. Oh ok- stupid wallys.

Just wanted to add that six of us travelled with Greyhound on coach 7 and would like to thank the driver for his profesional manner and the all round great experience that they provide.

I have travelled far and wide with the travel club, but I would never use them again whilst Greyhound are operating the same routes.

We were all given a welcome letter from the managing director offering to undercut the travel club and given a 35% discount on our next booking.

For anyone who wants to try a far more comfortable travel experience,this company knock spots off of anything the travel club have to offer.For a start they saved us £5 per head and they have twice the leg room and all the seats are leather.

Well done Greyhound!

Excellent

Enough said................just do it!

You know it makes sense!:smt023

Hi again we went up on Greyhound (coach one) two adults and one junior for £50 aslo had that Old chestnut again £25 on Lambert to score first at 7/2 at Wembley with bet fred so paid for the day £112.50. Had a great time and thank god l booked tomorrow off. COYR

Hi again we went up on Greyhound (coach one) two adults and one junior for £50 aslo had that Old chestnut again £25 on Lambert to score first at 7/2 at Wembley with bet fred so paid for the day £112.50. Had a great time and thank god l booked tomorrow off. COYR

You were on our coach?! Where were you sitting? We were on left side 2nd seat from front. I should also add that we had a very comfortable ride with big Dave the driver. The coach had seen a bit of wear, but it was clean and comfy AND most importantly (for the Missus) it had a loo on board. Great job Greyhound.

I should also mention the free wi-fi without which I couldn't have started/written in this thread. Top stuff.

The getaway at the end was a bit slow thanks to a couple or three stragglers getting back to the coach late - nearly all other coaches had gone. Always happens. Took far too long to get away from the stadium also - was gasping for a pint by the time we got to Sarisbury Green, but it was the best pint of Ringwood I think I've ever tasted!