The pink

daveygwyatt

Looking at review of 91/92 season can't beleive how inaccurate it is.. They seem to have home matches down as being away and vice versa.

For example Norwich cup quarter final replay was away.. They say home

shef united 4-2 defeat was home the have it as away. Just fro memory I can't spot at least 6 errors

Maybe jonny if you had been to a few games over the years you would remember if they were home or away

Ouch, sorry Im young and dont remember anything Saints pre-2004 (when I started to give a **** about football) Gimmie a break. I cant believe that papers still going what with the internet and all.

I dunno why they suddenly decided to call it the Pink.

It was always just the Football Echo in my day until some smart arse at the Echo jumped on the northern bandwagon.

I agree should still be called the football echo.

If and when in Southampton, I still ask for and buy a "Football Echo".I missed out on the transition and it remains a "Football Echo" as far as I'm concerned.

No idea when or why some spastic,presumably in the marketing department,decided to call it 'the pink',or what they hoped to achieve by it.I do not recall ever hearing it referred to as the pink,or 'pink 'un' as suggested.

Slightly off tangent but "A view from the stands" (p.4 of the Pink) can Dan Kerins please use spell check, I quote " It's not as if they'll be in a position to hold on to any decent players - they few they have are benig sold right now as they rules have been bent especially for them". Otherwise an articulate article.

Slightly off tangent but "A view from the stands" (p.4 of the Pink) can Dan Kerins please use spell check, I quote " It's not as if they'll be in a position to hold on to any decent players - they few they have are benig sold right now as they rules have been bent especially for them". Otherwise an articulate article.

Fair enough, I made a couple of typos in it, so I put my hands up to that.

However, I had to rewrite it completley (direct on to the page) plus design and sub the page myself right on deadline thanks to an IT problem, so I think I can be excused!