First Time Voters

SuperMikey

I'm a first time voter, having turned 18 in December, and I was just wondering how many more of us there will be? I've been getting more and more interested in politics over the last 2 or 3 years, and i'm looking forward to being able to cast my vote for the first time next month.

Just turned 21 in March, voted in the Euro's and locals before but never a General Election.

As a politics student (if you hadnt already guessed) feel obliged to vote, perhaps this would feel less of a chore if I genuinely believed in/supported any of the parties/politicians.

I'm 21, voted in local elections in 2007 at home and in 2008 in Sheffield, first time voter in General Elections though. Will probably vote in Sheffield as it's likely to be a Lib Dem/Labour marginal whereas in Maidenhead there's not a great deal of point in voting as it's a very safe Tory seat.

As a Politics student many expect us to be the most interested/keen in voting. I've always found that most of us are fairly apathetic when it comes to voting, very few strongly support parties for example. I guess from studying it we all know the failings of our democracy too well!