Mount Pleasant Road closed Saturday?

Tractor_Saint

A comment on the Echo this morning is below. Anyone know if this is still the case? It's the route we usually take in and are going to be leaving later than normal to get into the ground tomorrow! Cheers for any advice.

Saint_John, Bassett says...

2:54pm Thu 8 Apr 10

I was out for a run this morning and noticed that Mount Pleasant Road is CLOSED by the Old Farmhouse.

They are digging a 6 foot deep trench from the level crossing back past the pub and all road traffic is diverted down Derby Road.

As it is a large trench (? drains or gas ?) I would not expect it to be open on Sat, and I know a number of people drive that way to the game so i thought I would give a "heads up".

A comment on the Echo this morning is below. Anyone know if this is still the case? It's the route we usually take in and are going to be leaving later than normal to get into the ground tomorrow! Cheers for any advice.

Quote:

Saint_John, Bassett says...

2:54pm Thu 8 Apr 10

I was out for a run this morning and noticed that Mount Pleasant Road is CLOSED by the Old Farmhouse.

They are digging a 6 foot deep trench from the level crossing back past the pub and all road traffic is diverted down Derby Road.

As it is a large trench (? drains or gas ?) I would not expect it to be open on Sat, and I know a number of people drive that way to the game so i thought I would give a "heads up".

Maybe the cemetery has run out of space?

• 2 weeks later...

As a heads-up for tomorrow night and Saturday, Mount Pleasant level crossing is still CLOSED to vehicles, only pedestrians and bikes can cross.

When I ran by this morning (09:30 ish) the 2 workmen were looking at a water pipe that ran across the new trench, the earth around it looked a bit damp.

I have heard this work is due to go on until at around the 24th May, i.e. all the games this season.