F1 is very much still alive!

Son of Bob

Another fantastic race this morning. Loads of incident, loads of overtaking and loads of drama. I hope Lewis is not punished for the pit lane incident. I think Eddie Jordan was spot on (for a change!) in calling it a racing incident and I think they should just leave it be.

Not sure how Alonso and Massas relationship will be after Fernandos cheeky pit lane entrance overtake though!

Well done Jenson and Lewis, great stuff. Special mention to Petrov as well. A great race for the Renault rookie and loved seeing him cruise past Schumacher with such ease.

All in all it's looking to be a great season ahead...

Another fantastic race this morning. Loads of incident, loads of overtaking and loads of drama. I hope Lewis is not punished for the pit lane incident. I think Eddie Jordan was spot on (for a change!) in calling it a racing incident and I think they should just leave it be.

Not sure how Alonso and Massas relationship will be after Fernandos cheeky pit lane entrance overtake though!

Well done Jenson and Lewis, great stuff. Special mention to Petrov as well. A great race for the Renault rookie and loved seeing him cruise past Schumacher with such ease.

All in all it's looking to be a great season ahead...

Alonso caught him cold. That's it really. Caught him sleeping IMO.

The Hamilton pitlane incident could be looked into but even if it is, surely under these new safe release rules isn't a driver at a disadvantage if another car is following him close into the pits, the pit stops take the same time and by merely maintaining his track position has to be released into the oncoming car's path?

On the strength of the OP's enthusiasm, I watched the entire race on the iPlayer. Had to skip the ONE HOUR LONG build up. What the hell do we need that for..? Anyway, it has just finished, as it happens. If that was supposed to be exciting then Bahrain must have been a wrist slitting exercise. Yeah, it was reasonably good, thanked immensely by the rain, but something still isn't right. Maybe the races are just too long, but I can't be bothered to watch them going round and round. Maybe I just don't care anymore. I think I'll stick to the highlights in future, if I watch at all. Nice to see a McLaren One-Two.

One thing of note though, JB has been a really good driver all these years and never had the car under him to prove it - until last year and this one.