One night in Turin

Thedelldays

I live about an hour from Turin, in the area where they shot some of The Italian Job: tell me more!

Plus I was in Cagliari and Bologna for 90. I have my England flag ready just in case I need it this year. I don't think I will, but it'll be fun if I do!

I live about an hour from Turin, in the area where they shot some of The Italian Job: tell me more!

Plus I was in Cagliari and Bologna for 90. I have my England flag ready just in case I need it this year. I don't think I will, but it'll be fun if I do!

it is like a film/documentary about that world cup..taking you on the journey with the players with "never seen before footage" starting with the build up and the sheer hatred bobby robson had to go through with the press

apparently they have the conversation between bobby robson and gazza at the final whistle of the semi final

It's only showing at selected venues from Tuesday. Odeon southampton has just the ONE listed which is a 8:30 on Tuesday evening.

http://www.lovefilm.com/cinema/venue/Odeon__Southampton-460.html

I think that LoveFilm are already selling it too.

I like The Gurdian's review:

"Watching this film is rather like being cornered in pub by a garrulous devotee of the beautiful game determined to talk you through the great days of the 1990 World Cup when Bobby Robson coached his boys to the semi-final, thus giving the finger to the tabloid press. British football was taken out of the grate, the "Great" put back into Great Britain and the nation's reputation redeemed after the debacle of the Heysel Stadium disaster which claimed the lives of 39 fans and got British teams excluded from European competition just five years before. The film is strictly for nostalgists and students of visual and verbal clichés."

I also like my new word - 'Garrulous' and shall be dropping it into conversations this week.