"Oh when the Saints go marching in..." (at Fratton Poo 'ole)

Gordon Mockles

Ladies and Gentlemen

In this time of uncertainty and despair, I have to share some uplifting information with the forum. Namely, from the match at Fratton Park last night. Don’t skip past, as I think you’ll like the content.

I was due to go to football match last night, for which I was lucky to receive tickets from a Chelsea season ticket holder friend. Chelski v…….The Skates.

At first I thought, no chance! I am NOT going to that god forsaken hole. I reflected and changed my mind. I thought, “I may not get chance to see such stars as Chelsea line up” again (and it’s been ages since I watched a proper football match! LOL). Even in a Carling Cup tie, I knew they’d be full strength as they want trophies this year and it would be an experience to sit with Chelsea fans and watch them, hopefully, trounce the Skates. I could also teach ‘em some songs (I’ll get back to this bit).

Anyhow, I acquired some tickets. Sadly, my missus was away on a seminar and I couldn’t make the game so I let a friend have the tickets. Her husband and son are both ardent Saints fans and I thought they’d enjoy the game (particularly the son seeing stars such as Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Ballack, BRIDGE, Kalou, Malouda, etc.) Gutted! I missed a cracker and I thought all the Saints fans on this forum would particularly like the transcript of the e-mail I received this morning (My Chelsea friend loved the response and it made our day!) I’m just chuffed my tickets were so well received and her son is still buzzing from it. That’s what football should be about. Maybe one day eh?!

[E-mail as follows]

“Morning Gordon,

Simon and William had a great time last night, they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Will has a video of Lampard’s penalty and apparently Pompey didn’t have a shot on goal! Chelsea goalie had nothing to do all game and was waving to the Chelsea fans. They especially loved it when the Chelsea fans started singing “Oh when the Saints go marching in”!!! Pompey were crap apparently and Chelsea played like Brazil passing the ball around and doing the odd trick too!

Don’t want to rub it in too much Gordon but thank you so much for letting us have the tickets.”

BRILLIANT! I’d have loved to have been there, especially after the 4th goal, when they started singing “Oh when the Saints….”

Obviously, Saints are my team but Chelsea are the only team in the Premiership (bar the crapper new arrivals) I have not ever seen, hence why I went (and obviously, to see some good football and a team capable of trouncing the Skates was too tempting to pass!! Especially sitting there taunting them)

Hope you enjoyed the e-mail as much as I did! CLASSIC! Oh, and I have been going to St Mary’s this year, before the whingers start.

Kind regards

Gordon

BRILLIANT! I’d have loved to have been there, especially after the 4th goal, when they started singing “Oh when the Saints….”

Obviously, Saints are my team but Chelsea are the only team in the Premiership (bar the crapper new arrivals) I have not ever seen, hence why I went (and obviously, to see some good football and a team capable of trouncing the Skates was too tempting to pass!! Especially sitting there taunting them)

Im confused, did you go or didnt you?

Can you imagine what it would be like on here if we let in 10 goals in the space of two games? The other funny thing is that Man City, who could put 6 past Pompey, lost to Brighton.

I reckon we could beat Brighton, therefore we are better than Pompey! And City! We will walk this league...