damaged car

JustMike

Was in the car with one of the guys from work once. We parked up in Tesco and ate some quick lunch. This bloke pulled up and got out the car again carefree, he proceeded to **** the car with his door, looked in to the driver and sort of shrugged his shoulders with a bit of a smirk, he then carried on into tesco.

My colleague then proceeded to wait for him to go into tescos and then ****ted his car door into his about 4 or 5 times and then drive off (he had those crappy door protector things).

Probably not what i would have done, but the fact the bloke knew he had done it and actually found it funny was probably a bit too far.

Fair play,

Personally I'd have just taken the bloke's number if it had caused any damage and if possible a photo. But I can understand why he did it.

Wonder if the bloke found it so funny when he saw his own car door

Anyone here bumped into someone's car, left their details/done it by the book and have the the car owner ring up demanding you pay them x hundred pounds to repair the "special type of part x" etc.and threatening to go to the police if you don't?

No, have you? Seems very harsh on the face of it, but surely thats a problem for your insurers to deal with?

I do remember a story ages back about somebody returning to their car and finding it damaged, with an unsigned note on the windscreen reading "sorry to have dented your car. I am writing this because some people are watching me and I told them I would leave you my name and address ha ha ha"

No, have you? Seems very harsh on the face of it, but surely thats a problem for your insurers to deal with?

I do remember a story ages back about somebody returning to their car and finding it damaged, with an unsigned note on the windscreen reading "sorry to have dented your car. I am writing this because some people are watching me and I told them I would leave you my name and address ha ha ha"

A friend of mine had this happen to him. He basically said to the bloke "Go ahead" because he'd already reported the accident to the police. He then reported the phone call but I don't know what happened in the end.