Unfortunately it's going as expected

offix

A team of kids against men. Plenty skills, but no tactical insight and no physical presence.

A "coach" without the required experience. No tactical insight, and not given the resources he needs. Doesn't realize that "pretty" doesn't win in this league.

A "management' with a proven history of failure and treason. They blame low attendeances on the economic situation? Did either of those two mongs watch the match today? Winning will put bums in seats!

Is anybody surprised at the mess we're in?

I really, really, really hope they can turn this around and prove to me that Ru**rt and the Quisling were right to embark on this experiment, but I can't see it right now.:(:(:(

A team of kids against men. Plenty skills, but no tactical insight and no physical presence.

A "coach" without the required experience. No tactical insight, and not given the resources he needs. Doesn't realize that "pretty" doesn't win in this league.

A "management' with a proven history of failure and treason. They blame low attendeances on the economic situation? Did either of those two mongs watch the match today? Winning will put bums in seats!

Is anybody surprised at the mess we're in?

I really, really, really hope they can turn this around and prove to me that Ru**rt and the Quisling were right to embark on this experiment, but I can't see it right now.:(:(:(

I so wanted JP to prove all these sort of comments wrong. But I'm afraid I'm beginning to think that the doubters might be right.

And this is coming from someone who was 100% behind the new set up... shame :(

I so wanted JP to prove all these sort of comments wrong. But I'm afraid I'm beginning to think that the doubters might be right.

And this is coming from someone who was 100% behind the new set up... shame :(

Same here Mike. I was really chuffed to bits when Jan arrived - and thought that..."yeah - a team of hungry, eager youngsters - good attacking flowing football - a very promising season ahead" was how it would pan out. But - alas - for some strange reason, Jan appears to have totally overlooked a major part of what's been plaguing us for years - the defence. He doesn't seem capable of any organisation at the back whatsoever & sends the same rearguard out each & every game - or just about. Take today for example: why was Perry on the bench? We needed that guy today at the back. I know we're missing Killer (and I know he's not the Killer of old) - so Perry would have been ideal to slot in at the back & give the kids some encouragement & help. Defensive-wise - I think Jan is really out of his depth - big time. And I know we're skint...but surely if we can keep adding midfield loanees like we do - we can find a couple of defensive players???

Sure - we lost today & missing both penalties didn't help. It's not just losing today that has made my belief in Jan plummet either. He's a great guy - a breath of fresh air at the club with no money whatsoever to spend - and I feel for him. But it just isn't working. Schoolboy defending, wrong formations, wrong team selections, substitutions too late to make any difference - the list is growing each game.

Shame. A great bloke with energy, passion & new ideas...which are failing miserably.

Edited by .comsaint

I agree with the sentiment about JP , BUT basically he is out of his depth. to many luvvies have bigged up these youngsters and not understood that football is a job at this level.

You need to learn , and never stop learning, RL has created the ultimate football sin he has undervalvued experience and now we will pay the price.

Other clubs can mix youngsters with experience and i am yet to here a decent reason why we could not have.

We have brought in players just because they are young , the savings on 2 or 3 of their wages would have paid for a centre half.

Just like after 2003 we have bought squad players without improving the first 11

It is a real worry that these good young kids might become disillusioned and demoralised by a string of defeats.

You don't bring promising youngsters on like this, their confidence will be destroyed, you mix and match with seasoned old pros who can't run about as much as before but who can read a game, and you need one gnarled and physical stopper in this league- Oh for a John McGrath, Jimmy Gabriel, and an Alan Ball to teach and protect these lads!

It is a real worry that these good young kids might become disillusioned and demoralised by a string of defeats.

You don't bring promising youngsters on like this, their confidence will be destroyed, you mix and match with seasoned old pros who can't run about as much as before but who can read a game, and you need one gnarled and physical stopper in this league- Oh for a John McGrath, Jimmy Gabriel, and an Alan Ball to teach and protect these lads!

not according to many on here, if you can do 10 keepy uppies some on here think you can play.

you are right with your sentiments their confidence will be destroyed and i have been saying that for weeks.But every time we sign another youngster the propaganda machine bigs them up