Replacing paper drivers liscence

Lighthouse

Had a phone call from my new insurance company (flux direct) a few days ago telling me they needed a copy of my paper liscence or they'd cancel my policy. After an extensive search of mine and my parents flat it hasn't turned up so I'll need a new one.

I've checked the DVLA website, but can't seem to find any info on the time it will take to get a replacement. Anyone done this who can tell me how long it too?

Arrange the replacment via DVLA via phone, get a reference number, give the reference number to the insurance company along with DVLA phone number, tell them to stop being such benders. job done.

The whole paper thing is stupid anyway. I remember when all driving licences were just paper and then they made a big deal about replacing them with credit card style licences which seemed a good idea until they sent them out, but they still came with a second paper part that you are also 'supposed' to carry around as well.