Swedish saints

You should like Helsingborg, i don't live too far from there.

cracking town, although very hilly

I'll give you a wave from the train as I think it passes close by. I've been to Helsingborg before as my wife's brother lives there. My wife is seven months pregnant so we wont be walking up many hills. Stockholm seems a really nice city :)

I'll give you a wave from the train as I think it passes close by. I've been to Helsingborg before as my wife's brother lives there. My wife is seven months pregnant so we wont be walking up many hills. Stockholm seems a really nice city :)

My favourite cities here are Gothenburg followed by stockholm and then Helsingborg, malmö has got to violent.

I like the old town in stockholm, did you visit skansen?

If you happen to go to gothengurg and visit liseberg theme park, can you look for a saints baseball cap somewhere near the water flume ride:( ...thanks

My favourite cities here are Gothenburg followed by stockholm and then Helsingborg, malmö has got to violent.

If you happen to go to gothengurg and visit liseberg theme park, can you look for a saints baseball cap somewhere near the water flume ride:( ...thanks

We've just down the open top bus ride so far as we have our 2 year old with us. We passed skansen. Is that where they do all the singing?

That's interesting, I lived in Gøteborg for a short while and absolutely loved it, but everyone always told me Stockholm was nicer. I got offered a job at the international school there but turned it down after we decided to move to Bergen. We could've moved to Malmø a couple of years ago, but my wife said the same as you and that she'd never move our family there.

I could definitely live in Gøteborg though. I'm not a city person, but I really felt comfortable there.

I´ve lived in Göteborg the last twenty years. Its a very chilled place and relatively safe and easy to live in.

Liseberg park for the kids , the islands for a summer day out , relaxed atmosphere around town , good selection of bars and pubs , plenty of eateries.

Stockholm´s pretty cool and a beautifull city as well. Unfortunately its full of stockholmers.

Enjoy your trip Stev. Your certainly lucky with the weather. We´ve only had five days of summer this year and you´ve had three of them.

If your down south , try Österlen on the east coast. Well worth a visit.

That's interesting, I lived in Gøteborg for a short while and absolutely loved it, but everyone always told me Stockholm was nicer. I got offered a job at the international school there but turned it down after we decided to move to Bergen. We could've moved to Malmø a couple of years ago, but my wife said the same as you and that she'd never move our family there.

I could definitely live in Gøteborg though. I'm not a city person, but I really felt comfortable there.

My wife grew up in Rosengård, apparently it was a nice place back in the 70's and 80's, now it's a no go area.

Malmö on the whole has gone dramatically down hill even in the 12 years i've lived over here.

I'm currently in Helsingborg and we went on a day trip to helsingør today. Stockholm was a very beautiful city and the weather was perfect. We spent our last day there in Skansen and Julibacken which my two year old loved. We have been incredibly lucky with the weather, hopefully it'll last another week. Off to Trelleborg on Monday to see more of my wife's family. I've been there loads of times so will just relax and hopefully get some sun.

Anyone know if they are showing the Saints game on TV over here?

I'm currently in Helsingborg and we went on a day trip to helsingør today. Stockholm was a very beautiful city and the weather was perfect. We spent our last day there in Skansen and Julibacken which my two year old loved. We have been incredibly lucky with the weather, hopefully it'll last another week. Off to Trelleborg on Monday to see more of my wife's family. I've been there loads of times so will just relax and hopefully get some sun.

Anyone know if they are showing the Saints game on TV over here?

It will be on viasat without a doubt.

It will be on viasat without a doubt.

Thanks, I might have to get down to olearys in Helsingborg to watch it then. Will pop down there tomorrow to make sure they are showing it and if so anyone who is local is more than welcome to join me. Will drag along my brother in law as he came with me to SMS when we were L1 so this should be a better watch for him :).

Steve.

it will be shown on Viasat tomorrow and dont worry Olearys will show it on several screens threre. enjoy.

I emailed them earlier today but they haven't replied. Will head down there anyway tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be some ManU fans in there cheering on Saints.

Good write up in aftonbladet today

Southampton var tillbaka i Premier League efter sju år. Efter en helvetesresa med sju sorger, konkurshot, en massa bedrövelser ställdes de mot regerande mästarna på bortaplan.

Skulle de lägga sig ner och självdö efter Carlos Tévez psykologiska 1-0 före paus? Inte alls.

Andra halvlek var en styrkedemonstration från nykomlingen. De kröp ned med laget och litade på att backlinjen (som många, bland annat jag, ifrågasatt inför premiären) skulle städa undan de många inläggen. Sedan kontrade de helhjärtat med mycket folk. Vid 2-1-målet kom gästerna i ett 5 mot 3-läge efter en omställning efter hörna.

Managern Nigel Adkins fick maxeffekt av sina två första byten. Rickie Lambert, målkungen, tryckte in 1-1 när han varit på plan i några minuter. Steven Davis, nyförvärvet från Rangers, satte 2-1 på samma sätt.

I det läget var ”Saints” på väg att ordna en dunderskräll.

Det räckte in hela vägen hem, Danny Fox gjorde ett fatalt misstag när han nickade bollen in i slottet där Samir Nasri satte segermålet (3-2).Nigel Adkins var nöjd trots förlusten och visst hade han flera positiva bitar att ta med sig:

> Rickie Lambert – som gjort en liknande resa som Grant Holt – visade att han kan göra mål även i högstaligan. Hans inhopp tände hela laget.

> Nathaniel Clyne, nye högerbacken från Crystal Palace, övertygade med kvicka, frejdiga löpningar längs kanten.

> Mittbacksparet Jos Hooiveld/José Fonte klarade sig förvånansvärt bra, framför allt i andra halvlek när City tryckte på som mest.

Jag sätter dock frågetecken för målvakten Kelvin Davis som visserligen svarade för många räddningar, men även släppte flera farliga returer. Det är sånt som kan bli kostsamt framöver.

Mina spelarbetyg, Manchester City-Southampton:

City: Hart 6 – Zabaleta 6, Kompany 6, Lescott 6, Clichy 7 – Rodwell 6, Touré 7 – Silva 5, Agüero -, Nasri 8 – Tévez 8.

Avbytare: Dzeko 6, Balotelli 6, Kolarov -.

Southampton: Davis 7 – Clyne 7, Fonte 7, Hooiveld 6, Fox 5 – Ward-Prowse 5, Scheneiderlin 7, Lallana 7 – Rodriguez 5, Do Prado 6, Puncheon 7.

Avbytare: Lambert 7, Davis 7, Sharp -.

Klassisk match

Om någon nu glömt varför vi älskar Premier League så fick vi 45 minuter som fungerade som en fin liten påminnelse. Andra halvlek på Etihad var magisk!

Det var fart, ”end to end-stuff”, Saints-fans som dansade Poznan – allt.

Om gårdagen var innehöll flera storsegrar var det här den sortens dramatik som vi bjöds på så många gånger förra året.

Premier League när den är som bäst. Hur klarade vi oss tre månader utan den här adrenalinkicken?

I expect saints v wigan will be the least popular prem match over here on saturday, wouldn't be confident of anywhere showing it myself.

I've had frustrating experiences trying to watch saints games over here in the past, the most frustrating was the play off semi final 1 st leg v derby ,they told me i had to leave 5 minutes into extra time because it was just me in the pub and they wanted to knock off early!

Mind you that was in hässleholm, or should i say hässlehål.

Good luck anyway

Its on Viasat Play which is web based. Dont know if the pubs do a connection to their numerous tv screens from this though.

Definately available on your computer though.

Do you need to subscribe to this? At my wifes friends house, does he need viasat to get viasat play on his computer?

FYI Majestic, be careful when it comes to using different computers. You can have up to 4 devices use one viaplay account but the tricky thing is that they register every computer that uses it once and when you reach 4 you can't use any other devices.

Vad är en enhet?

Viaplay ger dig möjligheten att streama tv, sport och film från ett stort antal olika enheter, exempelvis din PC, iPhone, Smart-TVs (läs mer här). När du väljer att spela streamat innehåll från Viaplay på en av dina enheter registreras den, och varje konto på Viaplay får som mest ha 4 aktiva enheter registrerade. Du får ett popup-meddelande när du närmar dig det maximala antalet enheter som går att registrera på ditt konto. Du kan inte byta ut mer än en registrerad enhet under en 90-dagars period. Om du behöver hjälp kan du kontakta vår kundtjänst.

When Saints were in the PL last time around I used to download MOTD highlights from uknova.com but they have been forced to take their torrents offline. Does anyone know a way to watch MOTD online when abroad?

Yes easy,down load this

http://www.expatshield.com/

you can watch bbc i player through that, disconnect after watching something though to avoid adds all the time.

• 2 months later...
Seriously, Danish commentary on Viaplay. I guess that works for you guys in Skåne... ;)

The skåne accent is horrible, but the danish accent is just f ucked up.

Found my mate's viaplay subscription had run out just before kick off so had to rush and pay with my visa card to watch, then couldn't log in for ages :?

Glad im subscribed myself now though, it really is a bargain , superb quality.

roughly 50 kronor a match, can't grumble.

Love the Viaplay...every PL game this season live...which means every saints game , live.

But Saint Martini , I dont know what your settings are , but i get english commentators every week. Sorted!

Only problem is my risky broadband and hence freezing of the picture every now and then. But still, works a treat most weeks.

Love the Viaplay...every PL game this season live...which means every saints game , live.

But Saint Martini , I dont know what your settings are , but i get english commentators every week. Sorted!

Only problem is my risky broadband and hence freezing of the picture every now and then. But still, works a treat most weeks.

I've had English or Swedish every week but on Sunday the broadcast was in Danish. Since their were some problems with logging in before that I didn't try to do anything about it.

but are you telling me you had English commentary for the Newcastle match?!

I've had English or Swedish every week but on Sunday the broadcast was in Danish. Since their were some problems with logging in before that I didn't try to do anything about it.

but are you telling me you had English commentary for the Newcastle match?!

I saw the Newcastle match on Viasat. Didn't need the ViaPlay for that one. Viasat had Svenne commentators, and truely awful they are.

Saw the Noooorwich match on Play , with english sound.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Huge saturday tomorrow...

Wigan Saints live on Viaplay , followed by England Scotland six nations live on BBC. Sorted.

BUT wifes relations all coming round for the afternoon....help needed.

Fy bloody Fan!

i watch the games on viaplay too, am i alone in becoming more and more frustrated with the camera operators? ( or whatever they are called) i'm shouting "show the f ucking game" pretty often , i don't want a close up of a random supporter or a manager while someone is almost scoring.

it winds me right up :sulk: they zoom in too much on players on the ball too!

Its not only the close ups that anoy me but the replays, sometimes a third or fourth time and you can hear the game going on in the background. Cut back and theres an attack just outside the penalty area and you think hows that happened? WTF.

at least you can choose english commentry on Viaplay. With Viasat you have the awful swedes that dont have a clue. Love when they have a close up of an ex-player, manager, or celeb and the swedish com have no idea who it is whatsoever. Once it was McMenemy...no idea!

And then theres the constant betting adverts that cover the bottom half of the screen....where the ball is FFS.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...