It all started with SMS

offix

Offix I dont know why you moved to the Usa but it may have been to improve things and have a better life in comfortable surroundings. We moved to a new stadium where there was a modicum of civilisation , where the kids and women were safer and the facilities better.Of all the things we should not regret is the new stadium.

I have played different sports over the years and one thing that I notice is that the kids are not interested in joining clubs/teams with old facilities. The old fashioned clubs have started to lose out to the the Hampshire/ David Lloyds of the world.

Yes the Dell was superb in our memories but that didnt stop Gearge Best taking the p### or Ian Wright scoring hattricks and us taking some real beatings.

It is down to the fact we got relegated due to a lot of factors at that time.

The stadium is not the reason for our demise

No your right in one respect, however the debt situation we have now is part of the fall out from moving from The Dell.

No your right in one respect, however the debt situation we have now is part of the fall out from moving from The Dell.
The debt is a fallout from moving from the Dell , but if we worried about that the Dell would never have been built as the board would have said lets not bother building the Dell this old park is ok as you never know we might get relegated one day.

The ground was built as a move forward, it was easily manageable debt in the Pl and we can still pay for it now.What we need is the team to win a few games and get the crowds back through the turnstiles (although another 10k might not be enough)

The debt is a fallout from moving from the Dell , but if we worried about that the Dell would never have been built as the board would have said lets not bother building the Dell this old park is ok as you never know we might get relegated one day.

The ground was built as a move forward, it was easily manageable debt in the Pl and we can still pay for it now.What we need is the team to win a few games and get the crowds back through the turnstiles (although another 10k might not be enough)

Nick, I agree with what you say.

However, the team aren't going to win a few games, and crowds aren't going to increase. If you pay peanuts, you get.........

The youngsters aren't ready. Anyone can see that.

They've won a few already this season.

They aren't going to win the games necessary to increase the gate Steve. A win now and then is all they can hope for. It is not going to have the effect that nick was talking about.

Put simply, the spin won't work. Only results or boardroom upheaval will. Unforunately, we will get neither.

They aren't going to win the games necessary to increase the gate Steve. A win now and then is all they can hope for. It is not going to have the effect that nick was talking about.

Put simply, the spin won't work. Only results or boardroom upheaval will. Unforunately, we will get neither.

boardroom upheaval got us nothing last time, and will do the same again , unless they invest big time.

I believe that this season is the one with the most pain and if we survive in this league next season will be easier. The young players would have cut their teeth and a few more players will be brought in to strengthen the squad to make a bettter mix.

I dont care what anyone else says in my mind those young players do care and do want to win for us and their own pride.

boardroom upheaval got us nothing last time, and will do the same again , unless they invest big time.

I believe that this season is the one with the most pain and if we survive in this league next season will be easier. The young players would have cut their teeth and a few more players will be brought in to strengthen the squad to make a bettter mix.

I dont care what anyone else says in my mind those young players do care and do want to win for us and their own pride.

Hope you are right Nick but the fear is a few of these will be shipped out and someone else gains from them" cutting their teeth"

No one is questioning that they care and do not want to win BUT it is not enough either due to injuries or design they are out of their depth as a collective unit.