Player registrations

Crouchie's Lawyer

I know there was a big hoo har over the Tevez saga and who actually owned him, however last night I got to thinking (I was quite inebriated, so bear with me), if the rules about player registration were such that a private individual could effectively 'own' a player, how long would it be, before people deemed purchsing a young football player to be an investment?

I mean for example, if you approached Saints and offered to buy Surman for £2m, however, they would continue to pay his wages, and you could strike a deal, whereby you would loan him to Saints for x years and review it each time that period expired. If the likes of Man U came in for him they would purchase the registration from you for say £5m making you a £3m profit, or alternatively, they would ask you to loan him to them, whereby they would pay his wages and as an incentive to you, pay you £x for agreeing to loan him to them?

Thoughts?

The other idea I had for money generation (albeit a pretty poor one) would be for players to have mini adverts on their boots. With HDTV coming in, it would be clearer to see the adverts, but it would generate a few extra pennies.

I know there was a big hoo har over the Tevez saga and who actually owned him, however last night I got to thinking (I was quite inebriated, so bear with me), if the rules about player registration were such that a private individual could effectively 'own' a player, how long would it be, before people deemed purchsing a young football player to be an investment?

I mean for example, if you approached Saints and offered to buy Surman for £2m, however, they would continue to pay his wages, and you could strike a deal, whereby you would loan him to Saints for x years and review it each time that period expired. If the likes of Man U came in for him they would purchase the registration from you for say £5m making you a £3m profit, or alternatively, they would ask you to loan him to them, whereby they would pay his wages and as an incentive to you, pay you £x for agreeing to loan him to them?

Thoughts?

The other idea I had for money generation (albeit a pretty poor one) would be for players to have mini adverts on their boots. With HDTV coming in, it would be clearer to see the adverts, but it would generate a few extra pennies.

Thoughts?

They already have mini adverts on their boots as part of sponsorship deals, adverts for Nike, Umbro etc etc.

Thoughts?

They already have mini adverts on their boots as part of sponsorship deals, adverts for Nike, Umbro etc etc.