Several Players Fined after Preston game !!!

qwertySFC

Not if they knew before hand that giving your shirts away would come out of their own pocket. Its a way of them showing the fans that they do care and appreciate their support. Especially after some of the performances they have put in recently.

Besides, these players aren't exactly suffering with the credit crunch with wages a lot of us would gladly except.

Not sure if this is what you are saying. But as it IS coming out of the individuals pocket then surely it makes the gesture more meaningful. It would be easy to give stuff away if someone else was paying however little £45 may be to them.

Not sure if this is what you are saying. But as it IS coming out of the individuals pocket then surely it makes the gesture more meaningful. It would be easy to give stuff away if someone else was paying however little £45 may be to them.

that is how I meant it.

its so Saints fans, the players give their shirts to fans knowing it is going to cost them, and we still have fans say 'well they can afford it.'

Well no doubt all those saying it can afford to chuck £20+ into the Remembrance day buckets for the Poppy appeal but i bet most don't

Why cant some accept it as it is, a gesture buy the players

Many posters on here have their own businesess and I'm sure they all recognise their best customers in many different ways. Be it a jolly of some kind, a golf day, races, meal or a Christmas hamper. All these things are done to let your customer base know that you appreciate their business. So for me, I think this gesture of the players throwing their shirts to the fans, knowing its at their own cost, will go a long way in building bridges with the fan base. Now if only our board could also start to show a similar fan bonding gesture.