Several Players Fined after Preston game !!!

qwertySFC

Not if they knew before hand that giving your shirts away would come out of their own pocket. Its a way of them showing the fans that they do care and appreciate their support. Especially after some of the performances they have put in recently.

Besides, these players aren't exactly suffering with the credit crunch with wages a lot of us would gladly except.

Friend of mine, Shill But , had hospitality at PNE this weekend ,at the post match drinks and snacks he was amazed to find out that those Saint's players who threw their shirts into the crowd have to pay the club £45 .. what an outrage !!!!!!

Yes lets find another way of bashing the club.

Not if they knew before hand that giving your shirts away would come out of their own pocket. Its a way of them showing the fans that they do care and appreciate their support. Especially after some of the performances they have put in recently.

Besides, these players aren't exactly suffering with the credit crunch with wages a lot of us would gladly except.

Probably more like it. Great to see the spirit and celebrations after Drew's goal, let's have more of it. In sport, you have to grab opportunities and I believe PNE's missing that sitter at 2-0 was the catalyst for the lads to think "we can either get battered 5-0 again up here or have at go at these and see if they wobble". The lads gave it real go and were fully rewarded.

Wouldn't they just have to pay cost price, not megastore price? In which case about £5 should cover it.:)

I'm surprised the club doesn't charge them more TBH. They probably see it as a double whammy. Not only do they have to replace the players shirts, for every fan lucky enough to be given one FOC, it is potentially a lost sale in the Megastore.

I always understood that the players are given two of each shirt at the start of the season and if they need any more than that they have to pay for them. Not sure what would happen if an opponent ripped one.

I heard that a Swedish fan arranged to get Andreas Jacobsson's shirt from him after a game and Jacobsson charged him for it.

In a way it'll mean more to those lucky enough to receive a shirt that the players knowingly copped a relatively small fee by their standards (although for the likes of Gobern £45 may still be a fair amount) to show their gratitude.

Out of curisity I wonder how many times shirts get recycled for match day duty, or if it gets reused as training kit?

I'm sure the win bonus will more than cover it. I know throiwing shirts into the crowd is a cliche, but after the **** we've had to put up with over the last couple of years anyone that made it up to preston deserved a pat on the back.

If they only pay £45 for a new shirt then they are getting some kind of discounted rate as us 'customers' have to pay £52 for a shirt with a name and numbering on the back. :)

They get a rebate of £7 due to the consequent saving on laundry costs....

Friend of mine, Shill But , had hospitality at PNE this weekend ,at the post match drinks and snacks he was amazed to find out that those Saint's players who threw their shirts into the crowd have to pay the club £45 .. what an outrage !!!!!!

seems fair enough to me,it means more to the fan that catches it if they know that the player has to pay out of his own pocket i suppose and they aint exactly going to go hungry.

Kelvin tried to throw his into the crowd but stayed rooted to his line.

He was busy turning his phone off.

yeah he was weighed down by his trophies for the last 2 players of the month voted by fans.

Bart I think you have gone on long enough trying to slam KD and time to accept you are 2nd choice

I'm surprised the club doesn't charge them more TBH. They probably see it as a double whammy. Not only do they have to replace the players shirts, for every fan lucky enough to be given one FOC, it is potentially a lost sale in the Megastore.

If they did this for the same reason for the next few matches I'm sure the fans would be ecstatic. We would be charging up the table. As for the club they wouldn't mind because the shirts would be moving from the club and count as sales. So yes it would be a double whammy.

Bigger gates and regular sales.

but as they are on win bonuses im sure they can afford it, marcus hahnemann used to pay £40 a game to throw his shirt into the crowd.

as far as i know this has always been the case,however it used to be 65.00 .and that has come direct from the players. prutton used to pay 65 per week .anders would never give his away as he thought it was a disgrace he had to pay 65.00.........

all clubs have clamped down.if a leeds player gives his shirt away to anyone but a registered charity he will be fined 2000.00.......not sure about swapping with opposition tho