Poppy Shirts

Matthew Le Tissier

So what was the minutes silence at every single sodding football ground in the country all about this weekend then? You've got a funny interpretation of being "overlooked" :rolleyes:

Poppy day and the legion get blanket coverage everywhere for a fortnight every year, year in, year out, in every newspaper, television station across the land.

Rightly so, but no other charity on earth gets the same amount of exposure. And there are plenty of charities that have just as much worth as the Legion and get nothing like the exposure they get.

And don't bother giving me a "they died for us..." lecture either, I know, and I don't need an overexcited dullard like you telling us like you're the only one who "cares".

Get over yourself you wally.

So I am a Dullard in believing that the act of rememberance is overlooked by the Idoits that run our once great club? I think you will find that the silence observed at the ground on Saturday was lumped together in a politically correct lets remember everyone - with peace and love! Yeah well like I've already stated that did n't cut it with me - Personally - regardless of the money side of things - it is the act of rememberance that is important - I have read your opinions on football, the club, and life before and think little of them - I am glad that I apply passion to this subject as I feel it remains important I still believe in certain principals that I was taught as a child and will contiue to stand by them - ENJOY THE FOOTBALL AS THAT IS OBVIOUSLY ALL YOU ARE CAPABLE OF - YOU MORON!

Talk about getting worked up over nothing........... We were one of, if not the first club to start doing the poppy shirt thing and have raised more for the charity than just about any other club in the land. But this year, as we are in the financial mire, the club cannot afford to make the gesture and so are in fact saying that charity begins at home and are looking after themselves first.

It might just be ok for you to start going on a crusade about this if we were the only club of the 92 in the leagues that aren't doing poppy shirts but the brutal fact is that we aren't!!!! Only a small minority of clubs did it this year.

In the Arsenal - Man Yoo game the Arse did but Man U didn't and while Blackburn had poppy shirts, Chelsea didn't so if you feel a need to continue your inane crusade then I suggest you start by contacting Chelsea and Man U, two clubs with far more financial resources than Saints.

Or is this really just another opportunity to lay into SFC?

what? - what input do the club make to this financially? they don't - we do as fans. All they do is say we are having and auction and get sixteen shirts embroidered.... As I write this I am watching an article on the news about the yoof of today not having any knowledge or concept of the world wars - particuarly the 1st world war - its the 90 anniversary this year. Poppy's on a football shirt is a great way of promoting it. With regard to your examples -- the answer is simple - Blackburn and Arsenal remain principle football teams - whilst Man Utd and Chelsea are purely corporate giants that are followed by sheep! I would prefer that we tried to stick to the family values and traditions that made this club - not the principles that it has been run on in recent times. And finally if they (the club) want to stop genuine fans that care about this club laying into it - they should stop giving us opportunity by getting things right in the first place. To blame something like this on lack of people - (I'm pretty sure there are a couple sat in the ticket office not exactly rushed off there feet - Lukar being one as he has n't exactly been working overtime on filling the vast rows of empty seats now has he!). I am in the process of taking this up with the football league, the FA and the RBL - so will keep people notified - for those of you that have a memory big enough to cope with it!

Top ten then if you want to prove your point?....don't be afraid to mention the word 'cat'.

What a ridiculous response.

Lets hope you or no-one in your family suffers the slow devastation of losing someone from cancer, or heart disease. Let's hope no-one you love dies of lung disease, or kidney failure. Let's hope that all your children and grandchildren are born 100% healthy and go on to live a life free from disability, leukaemia, blindness, deafness, celebral palsy. Lets hope no-one you know disappears from view through alzheimer's, or Parkinson's disease or any other dihabilitating disease. Let's hope no-one you know is killed in a road accident and you're left to pick up the pieces you were never expecting. Let's hope your house or workplace catches fire.

But, hey, fu ck all the do-gooders wasting their time working with those organisations that might help people, and give every single spare penny to the British Legion. Silly boy.

:rolleyes:

So I am a Dullard in believing that the act of rememberance is overlooked by the Idoits that run our once great club? I think you will find that the silence observed at the ground on Saturday was lumped together in a politically correct lets remember everyone - with peace and love! Yeah well like I've already stated that did n't cut it with me - Personally - regardless of the money side of things - it is the act of rememberance that is important - I have read your opinions on football, the club, and life before and think little of them - I am glad that I apply passion to this subject as I feel it remains important I still believe in certain principals that I was taught as a child and will contiue to stand by them - ENJOY THE FOOTBALL AS THAT IS OBVIOUSLY ALL YOU ARE CAPABLE OF - YOU MORON!

Well, as expected, more "I care more about the war than you do" **** measurement. Well done.

I'll happily bet I know more about the first and second world wars, cause, effect and legacy than you ever will.

Seriously, the Poppy Appeal is not marginalised, its bloody everywhere.

And so it should be. Some of us are clever enough to be proud, wear our poppies, remember and be thankful.

You should try it, because the tripe you're writing suggests all you want is another bloody war.

And finally, it has been proved that SFC have, over recent years, done more for the Legion than any other club in the country.

And still you moan.

Seriously, get over yourself.

Lets hope you or no-one in your family suffers the slow devastation of losing someone from cancer, or heart disease. Let's hope no-one you love dies of lung disease, or kidney failure. Let's hope that all your children and grandchildren are born 100% healthy and go on to live a life free from disability, leukaemia, blindness, deafness, celebral palsy. Lets hope no-one you know disappears from view through alzheimer's, or Parkinson's disease or any other dihabilitating disease. Let's hope no-one you know is killed in a road accident and you're left to pick up the pieces you were never expecting. Let's hope your house or workplace catches fire.

But, hey, fu ck all the do-gooders wasting their time working with those organisations that might help people, and give every single spare penny to the British Legion. Silly boy.

Well, as expected, more "I care more about the war than you do" **** measurement. Well done.

I'll happily bet I know more about the first and second world wars, cause, effect and legacy than you ever will.

And so it should be. Some of us are clever enough to be proud, wear our poppies, remember and be thankful.

You should try it, because the tripe you're writing suggests all you want is another bloody war.

And finally, it has been proved that SFC have, over recent years, done more for the Legion than any other club in the country.

And still you moan.

What doe's betting you know more about the war than I do got to do with anything - you probably do - I always point out that there is always someone that knows more on a given subject than oneself - so It think you are missing the point some what - and with regard to your response to Totton Read - obviously you are right - my friend died not five weeks ago in a bike accident - and i have lost people to the terrible diseases you quote. My point is about the poppy - not the money! the act of sticking it on a shirt lets kids see their role models and thie idols showing their respect - not out drink driving, or nicking bags from night clubs - it then lets them think what its about - it make s them stop - I liked the touch by hearts where they embroidered the names of some of the players that played for the hearts team between 1914 - 1918 or 39 -45 how about that for some research! we come up with the excuse that 'we did n't have anyone to spare the time!' Do you not honestly think that is just a **** excuse? Think about it in the context of the event - oh yeah 90 anniverary - can't really be arsed actually! - It is just so apathetic - in keeping with everything else that is going on - we have nothing to be proud of at the moment - we have no pride - DO you remember that - standing there singing? when was the last time you heard the fans sing that about their club -WE ARE SOUTHAMPTON THE PRIDE OF SOUTH! - not that often eh. Sophies Gift was n't about the war - it was about a little girl who loved her football club and had a really bad car accident and do you know what our great Director of Football/ Chairman/Manager - he went back on the promise of the previous chairman to support the charity - That is what I am driving at! I don't mean to get personal with you and apologise for my language, which is choice at times. But I just don't like the bigger picture - I don't like it one bit. Perhaps it is an over reaction but if we stop the act then it was all for nothing....

Edited by ooohTerryHurlock

And still you moan.

Oh rather drama queen to say the least. So what if the poppy appeal has coverage for a week? At least it is in the spotlight the same as cancer on the summer runs. Charities can use these windows of opportunity to highlight their cause and maximise their revenue streams. Do you really think that people do not donate to various charities throughout the year because they spent their annual charitable budget in one week of November? Are you really worth the response?

Oh rather drama queen to say the least. So what if the poppy appeal has coverage for a week? At least it is in the spotlight the same as cancer on the summer runs. Charities can use these windows of opportunity to highlight their cause and maximise their revenue streams. Do you really think that people do not donate to various charities throughout the year because they spent their annual charitable budget in one week of November? Are you really worth the response?

Hang on a minute - you're the one who got mortally offended and asked me to name 10 charities more important than the Legion.

Glad to see you've come round to my way of thinking. The British Legion, although a fine organisation, is not the be all and end all of charities, which was my bloody point in the first place.

But the legion does get pheonomenal annual exposure, more than any other charity I can think of, and more than pretty much any other charity of equal size and equal worth. I'm adult enough to appreciate that fact, whereas you seem to think its an offensive thing to say and come back with snippy remarks about cats (WTF?).

Anyway, this is barely about football, let alone Saints, so lets draw a line.

..... Phoned the club today - spoke to LM and offered to Run it for them next year if no one else can be arsed (sorry - if resourses don't stretch to being able to oversee the fifteen shirts having the poppy put on them. He said he would welcome the help!(Thought he seamed an ok sort of guy - ) Anyway I'm trying to speak to the Premier league and football league about trying to get a better support for this event next year - not that i care more than anyone else but just because i feel it important ..... now you can draw your line MR FRY!

OK great. i spoke to Leighton and donated money and will get Lallana's shirt from last week and unwashed from todays game, great out come all round.... well done Leighton,

Are you still going on? F*cking hell, if it isn't weird enough that you collect sweaty unwashed football shirts, you have to try and have a go about the poppy appeal SFC didn't do.

Your reasons for wanting a Saints shirt have absolutely f*ck all to do with donating to the British Legion and everything to do with you satisfying your strange fetish.

Stop trying to make it all about the poppy appeal, if that was the reason then you would donate money to them and not expect anything back for your troubles, in the same way that millions of people who donate to charity do.

You are one disrespectful scrote.

c*nt

shuuushhhh you little deformed dwarf like object,

if i want a saints shirt i dont have to donate money to get one. i have donated a days wages for a good cause for a shirt i could have got for free.

PM me and we can have a beer before the next match and you can bad mouth me then.

PS . so when the people bid in the auction for the shirts each year to raise thousands of pounds it has absolutely f*ck all to do with donating to the British Legion and everything to do with peoples strange fetish to collect sweaty football shirts.

your pathetic

Edited by Matthew Le Tissier

shuuushhhh you little deformed dwarf like object,

if i want a saints shirt i dont have to donate money to get one. i have donated a days wages for a good cause for a shirt i could have got for free.

PM me and we can have a beer before the next match and you can bad mouth me then.

PS . so when the people bid in the auction for the shirts each year to raise thousands of pounds it has absolutely f*ck all to do with donating to the British Legion and everything to do with peoples strange fetish to collect sweaty football shirts.

your pathetic

I don't have PM, Boj doesn't allow us to have them, as we are only 'registered users' I will happily bad mouth you to your face though.

You are the one that is pathetic, having a go at the club for not doing the poppy appeal shirts, making out it is all about Rememberance day etc, when it has nothing to do with it.

Why can't you just donate in the way that 99.9% of people do? As in, give a charity money from the goodness of your heart and not expect anything in return.

If you want to collect used football shirts and dirty underwear, that's up to you, but don't try and make out that you are trying to donate money to the RBL, as an ex-serviceman who has been helped financially by the British Legion when I left the army, and actively raises money for them now, excuse me if I find it a little offensive.

I don't have PM, Boj doesn't allow us to have them, as we are only 'registered users' I will happily bad mouth you to your face though.

You are the one that is pathetic, having a go at the club for not doing the poppy appeal shirts, making out it is all about Rememberance day etc, when it has nothing to do with it.

Why can't you just donate in the way that 99.9% of people do? As in, give a charity money from the goodness of your heart and not expect anything in return.

If you want to collect used football shirts and dirty underwear, that's up to you, but don't try and make out that you are trying to donate money to the RBL, as an ex-serviceman who has been helped financially by the British Legion when I left the army, and actively raises money for them now, excuse me if I find it a little offensive.

not only do you look funny but you come across even funnier. you sound like a jealous little kid, im not sure why?

im not sure if you are aware but in order to raise as much money for charity as possible there tends to be a incentive involved.

hence a auction or a raffle! just one example. football aid where big money is paid to play at your teams ground!!

x service men are very grateful for all the money raised by charity auctions and raffles and if it wasn't for that kind of fund raising the Charity would not generate half as much money.

just for the record i didn't think the army allowed umpa lumpas to join up?

Just read your post and think long and hard of what you have typed and how most the money for charity is raised and you will realize what a total cvnt you are.

not only do you look funny but you come across even funnier. you sound like a jealous little kid, im not sure why?

im not sure if you are aware but in order to raise as much money for charity as possible there tends to be a incentive involved.

hence a auction or a raffle! just one example. football aid where big money is paid to play at your teams ground!!

ex service men are very grateful for all the money raised by charity auctions and raffles and if it wasn't for that kind of fund raising the Charity would not generate half as much money.

just for the record i didn't think the army allowed umpa lumpas to join up?

Just read your post and think long and hard of what you have typed and how most the money for charity is raised and you will realize what a total cvnt you are.

PM me on b-anter if you want to discuss this further face to face.

You don't get it do you? I am not saying that I am not grateful to the club for doing the auction in previous years, what I am saying is that you are a c*nt.

The reason I say that you are a c*nt is that your dissaproval of them not doing it, nothing to do with the lack of fundraiding for the RBL, but because you couldn't get your hands on a couple of sweaty shirts.

This has been shown by the fact that you have donated a massive one days wage to get two shirts in return, pushing the club to let you have them... if you were that bothered about the RBL then you would have just donated the money and not expected anything back, especially an amount as small as a days wage.

Unless you are on super-duper wages, then the resell value of them two shirts is more than you paid for them initially.

Do you seriously think that I would be jealous of such a strange hobby/fetish.

Anyway, I only get 3 posts a day, I am not wasting another one talking to a mong like you. By all means PM me on b-anter, I will let you know where I will be for the Plymouth game, you can come and buy me a pint as an apology for being such a dullard.

the funny thing is i bet you haven't donated a penny.well maybe 50p. you are to tight to even join this forum.

so don't give me ( as small as a days wage) if everyone in the country including you (if you are not a doll bludger) donated a days wage (regardless of how much it was) they would have raised millions.

i cant be arsed to waste my time with children like you who have very strange ideas,

Thanks for the pms from many of you agreeing with me and sharing my opinion about this circus dwarf like tumor.

I think its about time this thread was closed as its going round in circles

just for the record i donated 200 pounds, if sold by the club in the shop the shirts would raise 120.00, so the rbl are £80 pounds better off and the club have not lost a penny, cant see the problem really.

ps, i will also be speaking to Leighton as its clear someone has been disclosing information about this to a 3rd party in order to cause trouble as i have not mentioned about donating for 2 shirts, if this is the case i will be sure to report it as its no body's business apart from mine and the clubs. specialy not this little stu chap.

Edited by Matthew Le Tissier

the funny thing is i bet you haven't donated a penny.well maybe 50p. you are to tight to even join this forum.

so don't give me ( as small as a days wage) if everyone in the country including you (if you are not a doll bludger) donated a days wage (regardless of how much it was) they would have raised millions.

i cant be arsed to waste my time with children like you who have very strange ideas,

Thanks for the pms from many of you agreeing with me and sharing my opinion about this circus dwarf like tumor.

I think its about time this thread was closed as its going round in circles

just for the record i donated 200 pounds, if sold by the club in the shop the shirts would raise 120.00, so the rbl are £80 pounds better off and the club have not lost a penny, cant see the problem really.

ps, i will also be speaking to Leighton as its clear someone has been disclosing information about this to a 3rd party in order to cause trouble as i have not mentioned about donating for 2 shirts, if this is the case i will be sure to report it as its no body's business apart from mine and the clubs. specialy not this little stu chap.

You don't know how long I have been waiting to get a post so I could reply to this.

Are you that naive to think that an ex-serviceman has not donated to the RBL? If everyone gave a days wage then they would have raised millions, everyone else wouldn't expect something for it though would they?

You say you paid £200 for the 2 shirts and try to say that if they were sold in the shop they would only fetch £60? Who are you trying to kid, £60 if it was just any shirt, but a players match shirt would fetch much more and you know it.

The resale value of them shirts is more than £100 each and you know it.

Ahhh, nice comment about all the people PM'ing you, that old chestnut. haha, how come nobody has posted on here?

I notice you have retracted your offer of me calling you a c*nt to your face. One thing I would say is that of all the things I have been called in my life, 'small' and 'dwarf' are not too of them, so thanks, I am flattered.

p.s - All that sniffing Lallanas man-sweat must have gone to your head, if you look at one of your posts only a couple above, it clearly states that you have bought 2 shirts. I hope you phoned Leighton and were made to look the mug you seem.