Calling financial experts.

slickmick

With the banks cutting interest rates by 1.5%, what affect will this have on Saints loan with Barclays ? How much a month would our repayments be ?

Absolutely nothing, because the ****s at the banks :-

• Won't pass the rate cut on
  • Have just increased their rates
  • Have put a lower limit on what rate Trackers can drop to

So, they take our money to bail themselves out (except Barclays) and then charge us even more when the BOE drop the rates........****s

Edited by Big Bad Bob
Disclaimer : The above is the ranting of a non financial expert!!

BBB is right, they take with one hand, take with the other. i think this bail out may turn out to be the biggest feck up of all time, and most of the world has done it too!!!!

the banks are a bunch of wayne-kers!!!!!!

i think the tax payers cash should have been used to reduce personal debt, it would of put a bit of extra money in peoples pockets, held up house prices, increased tax revenue etc

p.s i know very little about this sort of thing.

BBB is right, they take with one hand, take with the other. i think this bail out may turn out to be the biggest feck up of all time, and most of the world has done it too!!!!

the banks are a bunch of wayne-kers!!!!!!

i think the tax payers cash should have been used to reduce personal debt, it would of put a bit of extra money in peoples pockets, held up house prices, increased tax revenue etc

p.s i know very little about this sort of thing.

No, it wouldn't do to reduce personal debt because not everyone has some.

The government haven't just GIVEN money to the banks, otherwise Barclays would have been right up there at the front of the queue.The taxpayer now has stakeholder interest in all the main banks except Barclay's, when they make a profit the government gets a big dob.

I don't have any debts, my neighbour has tons, why should the government give him a handout and me f**k all?? He'd only go on another 2 month Thai holiday and get a bigger 4WD, the Thais and the Japanese would be getting UK taxpayers cash..

I do not think the Loan Note Holder (for the Stadium) is Barclays and I seem to recall that it is at a fixed rate. The overdraft with Barclays, will of course, benefit from the rate cut assuming it is linked to base rate rather than libor.

The government haven't just GIVEN money to the banks, otherwise Barclays would have been right up there at the front of the queue.The taxpayer now has stakeholder interest in all the main banks except Barclay's, when they make a profit the government gets a big dob.

I don't have any debts, my neighbour has tons, why should the government give him a handout and me f**k all?? He'd only go on another 2 month Thai holiday and get a bigger 4WD, the Thais and the Japanese would be getting UK taxpayers cash..

Absolutely agree there Window Cleaner. Mind though, I would not mind if the government wrote off Saints debts.:) Trouble is; who would spend the cash??

We come with nothing ... we go with nothing! get out there and go large my friend!

I always liked the advert from Barclaycard .... Don't Put it OFF / PUT it on!!