Locking issue with 2007 Ford Focus

Jesus Reigned

Morning all,

I've just got rid of my 12 year old Focus for a 5 year old one.

I've got an issue with the alarm regularly going off when I use the key to open the door.

We've only got one remote, which my wife uses, and there's no problem with that; however when I unlock the door with my key and open it, the alarm goes off more often than not.

You've probably gathered I'm not a "car man", so does anyone have any ideas what it could be before I call the garage and potentially look like a knob?!

I never had this issue with my old Focus.

Also, any ideas what could be causing what sounds like a "humming" noise in the cabin?

Not sure if this is my dodgy hearing, something wrong or just the fact that the cabin noise may be louder in the newer model?!

Thanks.

On my Volvo the plipper both locks / unlocks the doors and sets /switches off the alarm. The key only unlocks the doors - so if your missus has set the alarm by locking the doors with the plipper and then you later open itb with the key then the alarm will go off until you turn the ignition. AFAIK you'll have to either get another plipper, or get her to only use the key.

No idea about the humming.