Nokia Lumia 610 - Recommended Apps.

Colinjb

• 2 weeks later...

I've just got one...give me until the Xmas after and I'll tell you what I've worked out.

Happy with it though...had mostly communicators (E90, E70, N900 etc) and this is much easier and user-friendly. I sort of understand the windows system so even for a Luddite technophobe it's been relatively painless.

Need to work out how to move the cursor thingy to correct typos without having to backspace and delete and I'll be set.

Nokia Drive is nigh on as good as my 940 TomTom...and it plays through the speakers.

Sorry, only have the basic extra apps, to me they're dead clever!

It really depends what you want. The stock apps are great and cover everything you'll need.

Start with going through the Nokia collection. The city lens is superb.

Photosynth by Microsoft is excellent too.

Tune in radio is a must have, as is one of the various torches. The WiFi switch things are good too.

The great thing with the windows phone is the ability to try apps. Just download stuff, try it and ditch it if you don't like it.

I'd second TuneIn radio, and after that depends on your interests. I have absolutely no interest in games, but have bits and pieces like train times, tube map, snow reports etc. Pocket recorder might be useful and there are various reminder (ToDo)and note taking apps.

Let us know what you're interested in and other people will then be able to suggest apps. Personally I haven't got much of a clue as it's my first smartphone (a cheap Samsung Windows one that does everything I bought it for).