VM TV Anywhere

SO16_Saint

Anyone got this?

Have recently moved to VM and to be honest the TV and BB service and package is as good if not better than Sky - and cheaper.

TV Anywhere on the other hand seems pointless to me. You can't stream live tv or watch recorded shows on mobile device.

Poor mans Sky Go. Unless I'm missing something?

• 2 weeks later...

I have it running on the laptop, does everything except allow you to reorder your series links and (rather a biggie) doesn't actually show you the programmes.

I'm sure they have it coming, I'm also pretty sure it will only be available for non-Sky channels.

Currently considering messing about with my second TiVo box which is upstairs and has never been used as we only have one decent tv, I will then be able to use the extra 1TB for storing more programmes and watching them via the "master" box in the lounge - though as there's no connection between Box 2 and either the hub or the first box at the moment that either means a recabling job to get the "upstairs" cable into the lounge, or a powerline using the electrical socket from the lounge to the spare bedroom.

I guess there's an outside possibility I could stream to/from box 2 wirelessly as well, haven't begun to think about that option.

I now have it VM Anytime working on my laptop, includes all Sky channels I'm subscribed to. You can only register 2 devices at a time but you're allowed to make a few changes a month. You can also set one of your devices as the primary one.

You can also register up to 9 users from the basic VM TiVo account, of which any 4 can be registered with active Anytime logons at any one time.

As yet, no Android app, I think there's an iOS one though.

You can only watch live or on demand stuff, and as far as I can tell, you can't access anything you've recorded on your box - unsurprisingly.

Edited by The9

Does this mean with the iOS app I should be able to watch my Virgin TV on my mobile device ala SkyGo, that's what the description suggests...

I've downloaded to both my iPhone and iPad, registered both devices but can find no way of getting anything to stream.

My phone and IPad now seem to have transformed into remote controls that actually drive the TiVo box better than the remote you get with it but cannot find anyway of displaying the TV on the device.

Operator error on my part or false advertising on the apps part? Any help gratefully received, till then I'll have to keep using my old mans Sky log in ;)