'I'm not signing anyone from Espanyol' MoPo Quoted.

ByTheGolacs

Fair enough. All the rumours about Verdu, Kameni etc are the easiest for the media to create. Lazy really.

Nail on head Charlie. Assuming we stay up (which I think we will) watch us and Swansea be linked with every out of contract or nearing the end of their contract player in La Liga next summer, probably in conjunction with us looking to add 'Spanish flair' and 'hunting for the next Michu'

I think he will want to sign players who are comfortable in possession, who are also happy with pressing high up the pitch and keeping the shape of the team (largely based on lazy mentions of Bielsa in reports of his background). This suits Morgan well and I actually think could be the making of JWP.

Both Svensson's, Niemi, Tessem...

So you mean Scandanavia in general? I guess it moves in cycles, markets get raided and once stripped of talent, clubs move on to another.

France seems to be a popular market for a lot of the prem at the moment.

Both Svensson's, Niemi, Tessem...

Michael Svensson and Niemi weren't signed from the Nordic leagues which makes their nationality a bit irrelevant.

That combined with the fact that Denmark is the only league that has more then a few players good enough for the PL makes it a bit unlikely that we sign player directly from those leagues. In general players from Nordic (with Denmark being the exception) countries benefit from playing a few seasons in Holland, Belgium or Switzerland (or Denmark). Otherwise the step up can become overwhelming.

But back on topic, I guess all the players Pochettino would have been interested in have already been sold to other Spanish teams.