Suggestion to RL & MW

Channon's Sideburns

This is soooooooooooo simple....

Right, Rupes and Mikey, I have a suggestion for you which would go a long way towards building bridges between the boardroom and the fanbase (or clients, customers, riff-raff - effectively, YOUR EMPLOYERS)......

Declare now, before the Man U game, that as a show of unity with the fans, who in these trying times continue to support this club, THAT YOU WILL NOT DRAW A SALARY UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON.

Which in turn, will show our financial 'backers' (Barclays etc) that EVERYTHING is being done to stave off Administration.

Which in turn will show the fans that YOU CARE.

Which in turn will show the 'Spirit of Southampton' you like to spout about.

Will you????

Or will you continue in the same vein??

P.S - As Lowe and Wilde did not have the opportunity to take an income from SFC until May, surely their own finances do not need the boost.....

Yawn......

What's the matter OB?

Thought that the club might welcome suggestions on saving the club cash...how about another....

If they don't already.......all Directors, Major Shareholders and Associates (eg Askham, Richards etc).....should forego any complimentary tickets and pay like any normal attendee.

Crouch (apparently) worked for nothing.....;)

Bloody Hell! What is the point of all this nonsense, they've already lost a fortune on their share price crash. You'll have them out on the street next... Hey! Maybe that's not a bad idea after all...

Spare a quid mate? Sod Off!

My point Charlie is that IF they want the stayaways (of which I am not one) to return, there will have to be a sign of 'leading from the front' to stave off our immediate financial problems.

Drawing an additional salary (whatever that is) when you already have personal wealth, and holding existing directorships in large firms is, in the current climate, wrong when you want the public (who earn a fraction of your wealth) to shed a load of their stretched disposable income to support your team.

Bit of Empathy, that's all, and a sign of actually TRYING to save this club.

Too late to say sorry when we're playing Rochdale - still, with Cyril Smith there, we may be guaranteed a decent pie...

I think Wilde could do that very easily - as far as I know he's not paid a salary anyway! Interesting idea for Lowe to do it though, purely as a gesture - but can you really see it happening? No, neither can I.

And I'll break this to you as gently as I can - Cyril Smith died several years ago (well, he never was going to live to a ripe old age, was he?) ;)

Bloody Hell! What is the point of all this nonsense, they've already lost a fortune on their share price crash. You'll have them out on the street next... Hey! Maybe that's not a bad idea after all...

Spare a quid mate? Sod Off!

Other than Wilde/Crouch the rest have only lost on paper because many of them paid NIL for their shares

I think Wilde could do that very easily - as far as I know he's not paid a salary anyway! Interesting idea for Lowe to do it though, purely as a gesture - but can you really see it happening? No, neither can I.

And I'll break this to you as gently as I can - Cyril Smith died several years ago (well, he never was going to live to a ripe old age, was he?) ;)

Err no - this entry was submitted only last month

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Smith