Mazda CX5

Junction 9

Having seen the other Mazda thread, I wondered if any of you have bought or driven the CX-5. Got one coming at the end of August. Reviews wise, seems to be a very good car.

It was on Top Gear this sunday gone, but you couldn't call it a review as such.

I recently got the Mazda 6 (has the same engine) and a work colleague is probably going for the CX5.

I'm delighted with the Mazda 6, best thing about it for me is the low emissions which is saving me a fortune in company car tax.

I've got the 2013 Touring model. Might have liked to have waited for the current one with the larger 2.5l, but got a nice deal on the outgoing 2013 car. The 2.0 I have feels a bit underpowered up the gradients and joining the motorway but fine around town. Handles very well, feels like a normal car. Fuel economy is great. I like it.

I've got the 2013 Touring model. Might have liked to have waited for the current one with the larger 2.5l, but got a nice deal on the outgoing 2013 car. The 2.0 I have feels a bit underpowered up the gradients and joining the motorway but fine around town. Handles very well, feels like a normal car. Fuel economy is great. I like it.

Are you talking about the CX-5? There is no 2.5l engine available and I've not heard of a touring model.

Are you talking about the CX-5? There is no 2.5l engine available and I've not heard of a touring model.

It looks as though there is an entirely different lineup of models/spec names here in the States then. (E.g. - there is no diesel version here yet)

http://www.mazda.co.nz/model/cx-5

CX-5 Automatic

FWD 2.0L GLX $39,695

FWD 2.0L GSX $41,495

AWD 2.0L GSX $43,390*2

AWD 2.5L Petrol GSX $44,945

AWD 2.2L Diesel GSX $47,095

AWD 2.0L Limited $52,990*2

AWD 2.5L Petrol Limited $54,445

AWD 2.2L Diesel Limited $56,495

1 Soul Red Metallic paint surcharge of $250 applies (incl. GST).

2 Model on run-out. Valid while stock lasts

*Recommended Retail Prices, inclusive of GST, exclusive of On-Road Costs.

Compare all CX-5 models or find the perfect Mazda for you with our

"Which Mazda are You tool" ..... http://www.mazda.co.nz/which-mazda-are-you

Every new Mazda CX-5 comes with mazdacare as standard, including 3-years/100,000km (whichever occurs first)

of Mazda Genuine Scheduled Service, a 3-year unlimited kilometre Mazda Genuine Warranty and Mazda On Call

Roadside Assistance.

Edited by Saint in Paradise