The Official Unofficial Glastonbury 2014 thread.

swannymere

Small story to share. Three of our clan were departing the Pyramid stage. We'd had a top day, but were just done with bands.

The small matter of the camping chairs remained. ms pap couldn't be arsed carrying them about anymore, so she sent me on a mission to find a trio of willing recipients.

Found three teenagers sprawled over plastic sheets, and told them I noticed they were on the floor, that we had every intention of chucking our chairs, but before we did, would they like them?

Turns out these kids were Russian, and very grateful recipients they were too. As we weaved our way out of the crowd, ms pap and Juvy Unit #2 observed the two Russian girls doing an excited up and down squeaky dance spectacular. Gave them a rosy glow.

As we made our way to Cabaret, we speculated that those camping chairs might make it back to Moscow, enshrined and forever venerated.

However, Juvy Unit #1 assures me that everything was burnt during Kasabian.

Edited by pap

Batman

seen kasabian live. They were awesome

this is another level though. especially from 1 hour 30...amazing (praise you)

here is the youtube

Saw Kasabian live at Glasto about 4 years ago. They were awful. Pretentious "look at us we are great" arrogant krap. Maybe they mellowed out but so glad we skipped them....

Week after Glast we were in Krakow visiting Mrs D_P's family & a Dentist (Trust me gang she (The Dentist) was great and half the price of UK & 3 Grand cheaper than in Dubai)

Anyways, we walk in the big Mall in Krakow and they are playing.....

Dolly Parton's greatest hits. Seems she had an impact beyond Dog Adoption.....

Met a drunk bloke (as you do) in a bar who spotted our wristbands (didn't take them off until we got home last night so we didn't lose them) - he was all OMG you were at Glasto, did you see Dolly? Was she really better than Metallica & Arcade Fire?

Now THAT was tough question...

We just redirected him to our fav - Don Cavalli

(You had to be there, it involved Real Ale, Steaming Crotches & Passive Smoking.....)