The Official Unofficial Glastonbury 2014 thread.

swannymere

22751706.jpg

Thanks...I knew you'd understand.:lol:

It's just that I don't have a short attention span...just looking at the Saturday line-up last year I knew it would be like planning a military operation...there were too many bands I would want to see and too many clashes. Perhaps paying £3.25 in 1969 for a 2 day festival makes it difficult to pay out over £150 to miss so many bands I wan't to see.

Phil I do understand your sentiments but I did squalid over 40 years ago and as far as I remember disentry held no attractions for me. Today's Glasto is about as sanitised as Dubai 5 star gigs in comparison to festivals 40 years ago...Portaloo? What's a Portaloo.

It's just that I don't have a short attention span...just looking at the Saturday line-up last year I knew it would be like planning a military operation...there were too many bands I would want to see and too many clashes. Perhaps paying £3.25 in 1969 for a 2 day festival makes it difficult to pay out over £150 to miss so many bands I wan't to see.

Phil I do understand your sentiments but I did squalid over 40 years ago and as far as I remember disentry held no attractions for me. Today's Glasto is about as sanitised as Dubai 5 star gigs in comparison to festivals 40 years ago...Portaloo? What's a Portaloo.

Half the fun of Glastonbury is wandering round the site and experiencing the stuff you can only experience there! I usually pick 3/4 bands a day that I definitely want to watch and half a dozen or so that I would like to see and work off that schedule. Kinda depends on the weather what you do as well - if it's p!ssing down you don't want to be sitting atop the Park Hill all afternoon, whereas if it's hot and sunny that's more than likely what you'll end up doing!

That was, of course, a very tongue in cheek response.

I do agree with Mikey though, I love being able to wander around and take in things you just wouldn't come across anywhere else. It really is what makes Glasto so special.

In reality unless you're some kind of masochist you're not going to see more than 4 or 5 bands in a day unless they're all on one stage. The logistics of moving around on a site where the roads between the stages are crammed means its just not possible.

However the beauty of Glastonbury is that if like the others have said you choose 3 or 4 bands you don't want to miss and take your time between them you'll experience more going on around the stages and over the railway line that really sums the place up, unless you've been to 2 or 3 you'll never get your head around the site.

• 4 weeks later...
Possible, according to his ex-missus.

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/74415

On this, Christine McVie has rejoined full-time and there may be another tour this year.

http://www.nme.com/news/fleetwood-mac/74873?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fleetwoodmac

Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
Added article.

Oh FFS, please don't let this be true.

Kasabian are alright, but their fans are scum :)

I'm largely a bit "mehh" towards Kasabian.

Don't love them, don't hate them. Like some of their songs, others annoy me.

I am told they are amazing live, never actually seen them myself.

Agree though, they are basically Oasis from Coventry for the 2000's - which was pretty much their goal I thought.

I'm largely a bit "mehh" towards Kasabian.

Don't love them, don't hate them. Like some of their songs, others annoy me.

I am told they are amazing live, never actually seen them myself.

Agree though, they are basically Oasis from Coventry for the 2000's - which was pretty much their goal I thought.

Leicester, I think. Certain that Serge is a Foxes fan.

Kasabian are pretty decent live though, they were when I saw them subbing the Pyramid for The Boss in 2009.

I'm sure they are. Plenty of people I know have said the same.

I've just always had a 'mehh' attitude to them. I'm not a huge Oasis fan, truth be told, so bands that are basically self-confessed wannabees don't much do it for me either.

I don't dislike them really, just don't really like them either. They have some good tracks, even the one with the lyrics above isn't all that awful - it's quite funny really.

But I just can't get excited at the prospect of them as headliners.

Did hear a rumour of Prince headlining with OutKast on just before. That would be amazing, albeit far-fetched.

• 3 weeks later...
Dolly Parton strongly rumoured to be playing as she's touring over here and that weekend has been left free. Ace.

Support for Kasabian on Sunday night

http://music.uk.msn.com/news/kasabian-will-close-glastonbury-1

She has to be on the must see sing-a-long moment list

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2014/lineup.shtml

Other rumours ^

Edited by dubai_phil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Only four months away now...looking promising so far! Big rumours that Prince is closing on Sunday too. Apparently it's Disclosure headlining the Other Stage on Friday night, with Skrillex subbing. That's what I heard anyway...

Michael, for the love of all that is good, please do not shout "get your t!ts out!" to Dolly when she is on-stage.

If Kenny Rogers turns up for Islands In The Stream then I would be tempted, otherwise nah. I'll probably end up going now that i've said I won't..haha

I reckon she'll have a few friends make an appearance to be honest.

I dunno, this is what I love about Glasto/Festivals - seeing acts I would never see otherwise. Some of the best times I've had at festivals have been acts like this I had no intention of seeing/got dragged along to and ended up loving. Eddy Grant (Glasto '08?) being a prime example - one of the most fun hours I've ever had.

I dunno, this is what I love about Glasto/Festivals - seeing acts I would never see otherwise. Some of the best times I've had at festivals have been acts like this I had no intention of seeing/got dragged along to and ended up loving. Eddy Grant (Glasto '08?) being a prime example - one of the most fun hours I've ever had.

True, I had that with Springsteen in 09. I dunno, guess i'll see closer to the time. My Dad's raving about seeing her though, so he'll probably end up dragging me along and i'll probably end up loving it..haha

Got all muddled up and dragged myself along to see JayZee early arrival sat by the Cider Bus and heard the sounds wafting from the Pyramid of Leonard Cohen who had been on my avoid at all costs list. Loved BOTH concerts.

We all know Dolly will be mass karaoke sing-along just like a Tony Christie Tom Jones or Neil Diamond moment. Then we can womble around and find some real music.

After my quick trip back home on Saturday I would LOVE for The Beat to find a quiet corner for a 45 minute set. They played around a 90 minute gig and their music is still as good today as the rest of the Ska Legends, place went absolutely nuts.

(But then it was Salisbury City Hall and a big night out for them is watching The Zucchinis play.

Hope Kate Nash gets a slot. Met my Niece yesterday at a family dinner and her career has gone mental now she is in her band - would love to see her play live

Got all muddled up and dragged myself along to see JayZee early arrival sat by the Cider Bus and heard the sounds wafting from the Pyramid of Leonard Cohen who had been on my avoid at all costs list. Loved BOTH concerts.

We all know Dolly will be mass karaoke sing-along just like a Tony Christie Tom Jones or Neil Diamond moment. Then we can womble around and find some real music.

After my quick trip back home on Saturday I would LOVE for The Beat to find a quiet corner for a 45 minute set. They played around a 90 minute gig and their music is still as good today as the rest of the Ska Legends, place went absolutely nuts.

(But then it was Salisbury City Hall and a big night out for them is watching The Zucchinis play.

Hope Kate Nash gets a slot. Met my Niece yesterday at a family dinner and her career has gone mental now she is in her band - would love to see her play live

Kate Nash is still a weird crush of mine. I curse whichever of the Jarman brothers it is that got to marry her (Ryan?).

Kate Nash is still a weird crush of mine. I curse whichever of the Jarman brothers it is that got to marry her (Ryan?).

:lol: I see a whole new dating chapter on TMS coming on.

But Glasto is now getting real. Delivered some kit to my mate in the UK at the weekend, gave him the cash for the tickets, checked out the tent & bedding, pre-planned what Duty Frees we need (they sell Spirits in Plastic bottles here in Dubai Duty Free - always handy for a late night pre-pass out shot). Flights are booked back from part one of our Summer Hols (Provence in a Tent then Glasto) so starting to get pumped already and still LOADS of bands to confirm

:lol: I see a whole new dating chapter on TMS coming on.

But Glasto is now getting real. Delivered some kit to my mate in the UK at the weekend, gave him the cash for the tickets, checked out the tent & bedding, pre-planned what Duty Frees we need (they sell Spirits in Plastic bottles here in Dubai Duty Free - always handy for a late night pre-pass out shot). Flights are booked back from part one of our Summer Hols (Provence in a Tent then Glasto) so starting to get pumped already and still LOADS of bands to confirm

Without want to get all Phil on you guys, Ms Nash and I happen to share a hometown, Harrow.

I've seen her live countless times in the local 'club' Trinity. We have a fair few mutual friends. I could really tell some stories (but I won't).

She was with Ryan Jarman, but isn't anymore. Pretty sure they weren't married either. He provided one of the more surreal moments of my life, when at an all day Halloween Charity event he rocked up next to me at a urinal dressed as Dracula. Given how out my head I was at the time it was very bizarre (I was a big Cribs fan).

Anyways, she was with Zack from FIDLAR last I heard, who are pretty cool too. She does love a band boy.

I can play bass, want to give me her number?

Let me think.

Nope.

BUT as discussed at the weekend IF she plays over this way Niece has promised to bring the gang round for a BBQ. I'll PM you in plenty of time to get yourself down here. Prob best I can do being family & all that

Let me think.

Nope.

BUT as discussed at the weekend IF she plays over this way Niece has promised to bring the gang round for a BBQ. I'll PM you in plenty of time to get yourself down here. Prob best I can do being family & all that

Er, I was talking to KRG thanks Phil. While your input is appreciated, I think the quickest way to become Mr Nash (hey, i'm modern) is through the guy who once p!ssed next to her ex.

Er, I was talking to KRG thanks Phil. While your input is appreciated, I think the quickest way to become Mr Nash (hey, i'm modern) is through the guy who once p!ssed next to her ex.

I basically said our paths have crossed a few times. We've spoken a few times, have some mutual friends and shared some 'drinks'. Doubt she remembers my name - have certainly never swapped numbers I'm afraid Super Mikey.

Also, maybe try keeping up, she has bass duties herself these days:

Kate-Nash-2.jpg