Looking for a new laptop

Saint-scooby

My 15 years of experience as a user and provider for the family, over 15 machines in that time. For build quality (probably most important for kids, depending on their age) is Lenovo. Not the sexiest brand, but the Thinkpads are tough. We've tried various versions of Toshiba, HPCompaq, FujitsuSiemens, Asus, Acer over the years, and the Lenovo is toughest.

Not that I use one myself ;)

my brother is got googles chromesbooks. It is bit different cos it is for doing stuff webstyle and does not bother with windows and is no good for playing football manager. But it is v.cheap + v.quick + is more robust cos it don't have hard disk what goes wrong when you drop it down stairs.

my brother is got googles chromesbooks. It is bit different cos it is for doing stuff webstyle and does not bother with windows and is no good for playing football manager. But it is v.cheap + v.quick + is more robust cos it don't have hard disk what goes wrong when you drop it down stairs.

:mcinnes:

Ok, I will help you. I actually get through quite a lot of laptops as I do accidentally smash them up, over use them at work/football managers/saints web mugging off of bear etc.

Acer is ok. As mentioned before, they are budget and pretty reliable. However, by far the best brand I have used is Lenovo. In fact I am using one to write this.

I haven't used this one but looks pretty good value http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1090796.htm

If anyone knows how to spot a cheap bargin, it's price pikey Bearsy. Scooby, why don't you wait until the sales after christmas and save yourself some money!

Ditto the comments on Lenovo. Did a ton of research and testing (including the all important actually finding one to see what the keyboard is like), and bought a £429 Lenovo for my 13 year old last year. Great build quality, very robust etc but the list price was £550 so very happy as it was good spec too