Super Ball Juggling

Essruu

This game, from the creator of Flappy Birds, has now hit the Apple App Store. Prepare to be just as infuriated.

Or don't.

Seriously, Flappy f**king Bird and derivatives?

If you are playing this, you need a f**king life or some f**king taste. I say this as a hardcore gamer.

I had a feeling I had forgotten something as I got into the car this morning. I must have left the Xbox, flat screen TV, and car charger in the kitchen when I was having breakfast.

What am I going to do to kill some time whilst parked up for a while in London today, now...? I could watch some Netflix and mess around with a silly, addictive, but challengingly fun game in my iPhone; or I could read your stupid waffle...

"Get a life" said the angry boring man, whilst cracking one out in his PS4 underpants.

The fact that your game choices are as sh!t as your life choices doesn't really give you licence for this, I'm afraid.

For the uninitiated, Flappy Bird.

FlappyBird.jpg

Graphically, it's a complete Mario rip-off. Its got mechanics that only a moron can enjoy and subscribe to. I think it's excellent that it exists, as it acts as a delineator between who knows their sh!t and who doesn't.

Most of us played more sophisticated games back in the 80s. If this satisfies your intellect in middle age, fair play to you.

btw; some nice abuse there. Quite creative. A gold star for improvement, Essruu.

:lol:

Casual gaming FTW!!

though you should play Candy Crush ;)

It's ok pappy, you ren't the only 'hardcore gamer' to not get casual games. I deal with your kind on a daily basis.

Nowt wrong with decent mobile games, KRG - but remember - unless you have a gamepad plugged in, every single mobile game is just sliding or tapping :)

FWIW, I have a lot of time for Nimble Quest, Storage Auction, Civ Rev and lots of other good casual games. This ain't one of them.

The fact that your game choices are as sh!t as your life choices doesn't really give you licence for this, I'm afraid.

For the uninitiated, Flappy Bird.

FlappyBird.jpg

Graphically, it's a complete Mario rip-off. Its got mechanics that only a moron can enjoy and subscribe to. I think it's excellent that it exists, as it acts as a delineator between who knows their sh!t and who doesn't.

Most of us played more sophisticated games back in the 80s. If this satisfies your intellect in middle age, fair play to you.

btw; some nice abuse there. Quite creative. A gold star for improvement, Essruu.

It is a skill game, there are no tricks our strategies, your score is a direct measure of how you fare against the rest of the world. No buying gear or DLC, just a simple time waster.

For what it's worth, most modern games are terrible with graphics prioritsed over story and game-play and I found flappy bird a wonderfully frustrating distraction.

It is a skill game, there are no tricks our strategies, your score is a direct measure of how you fare against the rest of the world. No buying gear or DLC, just a simple time waster.

For what it's worth, most modern games are terrible with graphics prioritsed over story and game-play and I found flappy bird a wonderfully frustrating distraction.

Yeah, I used to think World of Warcraft was a complete waste of time.

At least after spending hours on it, you've got some measure of progression.

Don't get me wrong; I've no problem with a game that simply asks you to get a high score. Again, there are so many better examples out there.

A few weeks back, having heard flappy bird mentioned a few times but knowing nothing else about it, I downloaded flappy bird.

It lasted less than 2 minutes on the ipad before it was deleted.

It takes all sorts to make a world but how people can become obsessed with games like this (not saying that this applies to you Ess), is beyond me.

Gaming for 4 year olds and mentally challenged adults IMO

Nowt wrong with decent mobile games, KRG - but remember - unless you have a gamepad plugged in, every single mobile game is just sliding or tapping :)

FWIW, I have a lot of time for Nimble Quest, Storage Auction, Civ Rev and lots of other good casual games. This ain't one of them.

Hehe I'm just teasing.

I agree, Flappy Birds is pretty crap.

Thogh sadly, with my job I play much worse games on a daily basis.

Pretty frustrating that this guy managed to lock down the charts though when he spent no money on ads, whilst we have a pretty large budget, yet can't gain that kind of success.

That said, I'm not entirely convinced by this guy. I think he was using several of the many ways to 'game' the app stores. So I'm not entirely sure how much of the perceived chart success (at least initially anyway) was actually genuine. There's actually a fair bit of talk in the industry that the reason he took the game down was actual because apple clocked what he was doing, and was about to remove the game anyway. This is of course just speculation.

Anyway, sorry, I'm being boring and doing work chat now :mcinnes:

I, of course, recommend all our games - Papa Pear, Pet Rescue, Bubble Witch, Farm Heroes & obviously Candy Crush (all with the Saga suffix).

But there really are some gems in amongst the absolute plethora of crap out there.

As Pap rightly says, Nimble Quest is great fun, Puzzle Quest is really good too. The Room (1 & 2) are great, similarly Machinarium. Device 6 is fantastic. Though these are all a bit of a longer session type games, frustratingly brilliant.

ps. Pap, did you notice Sonic Kart Racing Transformed is now on iOS?

A few weeks back, having heard flappy bird mentioned a few times but knowing nothing else about it, I downloaded flappy bird.

It lasted less than 2 minutes on the ipad before it was deleted.

It takes all sorts to make a world but how people can become obsessed with games like this (not saying that this applies to you Ess), is beyond me.

Gaming for 4 year olds and mentally challenged adults IMO

Very nice summary, Clapham - and not just 'cos you agree with me.

At almost 39, the amount of guilt I feel for playing video games increases year on year. Every single one is a timesink. Now, there are some very good real life outcomes for gamers. Surgeons who game are more precise than their non-gaming counterparts. I also read a study indicating that gamers were better lovers, mostly on account of them being prepared to repeat something until they get it right. I even think that gamers are better at dealing with sh!t, especially since the broad aim of most games is to give players sh!t to deal with.

What does one get out of Flappy Bird? The ability to tap a finger on the screen?

I, of course, recommend all our games - Papa Pear, Pet Rescue, Bubble Witch, Farm Heroes & obviously Candy Crush (all with the Saga suffix).

But there really are some gems in amongst the absolute plethora of crap out there.

As Pap rightly says, Nimble Quest is great fun, Puzzle Quest is really good too. The Room (1 & 2) are great, similarly Machinarium. Device 6 is fantastic. Though these are all a bit of a longer session type games, frustratingly brilliant.

ps. Pap, did you notice Sonic Kart Racing Transformed is now on iOS?

Didn't realise you work for King.

*hiss* *hiss*

(largely on account of the cheeky c**ts trying to patent the word "Saga").

I've already got Transformed on Wii U, PC and Vita. I'm good :)

Didn't realise you work for King.

*hiss* *hiss*

(largely on account of the cheeky c**ts trying to patent the word "Saga").

I've already got Transformed on Wii U, PC and Vita. I'm good :)

:mcinnes:

FFS Pap, at least read the articles right, you're better than that - trademark, not patent. There is a big difference.

Other than that, I really cannot comment.

:mcinnes:

FFS Pap, at least read the articles right, you're better than that - trademark, not patent. There is a big difference.

Other than that, I really cannot comment.

Yep, I am and I realised it almost immediately, but couldn't be arsed to edit and had to walk into the village. You are of course, correct.

I don't really like the free-to-play model. Most stuff I buy doesn't have in-app purchases or anything like that. I've no objections to something where you get a level (or pinball table, etc) for free and then have to buy the rest. That's pretty much like the old shareware model on PCs, with Doom and suchlike.

It's the stuff that you have to pay for just to play competitively or at any sort of pace that annoys me. Like the arcade model on steroids, and it's ultimately about building a system that allows companies to get something for nothing. It's not like in-game currency is extra dev work or owt.

Yep, I am and I realised it almost immediately, but couldn't be arsed to edit and had to walk into the village. You are of course, correct.

I don't really like the free-to-play model. Most stuff I buy doesn't have in-app purchases or anything like that. I've no objections to something where you get a level (or pinball table, etc) for free and then have to buy the rest. That's pretty much like the old shareware model on PCs, with Doom and suchlike.

It's the stuff that you have to pay for just to play competitively or at any sort of pace that annoys me. Like the arcade model on steroids, and it's ultimately about building a system that allows companies to get something for nothing. It's not like in-game currency is extra dev work or owt.

I understand people who having misgivings about F2P. There are indeed a lot of shady practices out there. Something I've said on here before, I completely disagree with in-app purchases in kids games/apps, for me that's 100% unethical.

I can't speak for all games, but I know all King's games can be completed with out paying a penny. It's hard, and it will take time but it's possible. You can chose to make the game easier through purchases, but it isn't essential. For me, that's a pretty good deal, there's over 500 levels in Candy Crush for example. That's easily more game play than many console games I've sunk £30, £40 or £50 quid on.

I get the games aren't for everyone. Many 'hardcore' gamers won't like them. That's fine I get that, but they aren't necessarily the people a lot of these casual, F2P games are made for.

Ps avoid Puzzle & Dragons, I'm not proud of how much I sunk into that. But I'm off that now.