Is Yellowstone about to erupt?

Sheaf Saint

http://rt.com/usa/epoch-bison-yellowstone-volcano-909/

Videos of bison seemingly fleeing Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming have sparked concerns among some bloggers that recent seismic activity could trigger the eruption of the park’s so-called supervolcano.

According to Epoch Times, multiple videos of such incidents have been posted online recently, one of which shows a herd of buffalo allegedly leaving the park and “running for their lives.” Although people behind the discussion acknowledge there’s no way to predict when the park’s massive volcano could erupt, they believe the reaction of the Yellowstone’s animals could signal some kind of alert.

On March 30, Yellowstone was struck by the most powerful earthquake it has experienced since 1980 – a 4.8 magnitude quake that did no damage, but that some believe could be connected to the various animals’ movements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j_csBXWlUA4

“Whether I believe this, or whether I don’t believe the story or not, I don’t know. I can tell you this story I saw this morning about the buffaloes running the street … whether or not it’s because of any activity in Yellowstone or not, I don’t know,” said blogger Jay Lee, according to the Times.

“But I’ll tell you this, whatever the case may be, that their running away from Yellowstone is an alert of some sort.”

Another video uploaded to YouTube, this time by self-described “survivalist” and “search-and-rescue expert” Tom Lupshu, claims, “Biologists aren’t sure if there’s been a stunning decline in the herd or if other factors have skewed the tally.” Lupshu also said that helium releases in the area are 1,000 times above normal levels, and accused the US Geological Survey of not reporting small quakes occurring near the volcano.

“Herds of bison running for their lives on the public roadways and they were not being chased or rounded up, the bison were running down the mountain slopes onto roadways running right past a filming crew,” he added. “They detect something vast and deadly. The Yellowstone Supervolcano is the only thing there that would fit the bill.”

Most researchers agree that the Yellowstone supervolcano will erupt again, including Ilya Bindeman, an associate professor

of geological sciences at the University of Oregon.

“Yellowstone is one of the biggest supervolcanos in the world,” he said in an analysis released by the university. “Sometimes

it erupts quietly with lava flow, but once or twice every million years, it erupts very violently, forming large calderas,” which

are very large craters measuring tens of kilometers in diameter.

If a huge eruption happened again, similar to three big ones over the last two million years, he says that the eruption would

obliterate the surroundings within a radius of over 100 miles and cover the rest of the United States and Canada with multiple

inches of ash. A volcanic event of such magnitude “hasn’t happened in modern civilization,” he says.

However, Bindeman says he doesn’t think that this kind of eruption will happen anytime soon. He says it won’t happen for at

least another million years.

“Our research of the pattern of such volcanism in two older, ‘complete’ caldera clusters in the wake of Yellowstone allows a

prognosis that Yellowstone is on a dying cycle, rather than on a ramping up cycle,” he says.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/597425-yellowstone-supervolcano-eruption-in-our-lifetime-map/