Scottish Cup Semi Final

Dr Who?

As I am going on a pre Easter break, paid for my mother-in-law with the family up in Cumbria from Wednesday 9th -16th, I thought I would go to the Scottish cup semi final.

The game is weirdly being played at Ibrox and the game is Dundee United V Rangers. (Only weird because the neutral ground is one of the semi finalists home ground).

Having never been to Glasgow and not to a game. I was wondering what to expect. Is it hostile and will it be hostile towards away fans? I am in the Dundee United end. Tickets were £15 and train fair from Carlisle £9. So I thought for the experience, this was an excellent price. I thought it was far to good to pass up this opportunity!

Have any of you been to neutral games in a different country? What have your experiences been like?

You will love it. I sat with the Dundee United fans for last years semi final. Few mates at work are Dundee united fans and i was going to go again this year, but had a golf day at Turnberry booked already.

I will go to the final if Dundee United win (i think they will)

FTD! Youll hear that a bit (they sing it alot) basically its f6ck the D (Dundee)

Rangers fans will fill the ground, they are still getting 40,000 in scottish league 1/2

Ibrox isnt the best part of town, but if youre coming into central station, you can get a train to Partick and then get the underground (clockwork orange) to Ibrox

Have a night out in Glasgow if you can, the people are very very friendly.

As I am going on a pre Easter break, paid for my mother-in-law with the family up in Cumbria from Wednesday 9th -16th, I thought I would go to the Scottish cup semi final.

The game is weirdly being played at Ibrox and the game is Dundee United V Rangers. (Only weird because the neutral ground is one of the semi finalists home ground).

Having never been to Glasgow and not to a game. I was wondering what to expect. Is it hostile and will it be hostile towards away fans? I am in the Dundee United end. Tickets were £15 and train fair from Carlisle £9. So I thought for the experience, this was an excellent price. I thought it was far to good to pass up this opportunity!

Have any of you been to neutral games in a different country? What have your experiences been like?

Enjoy the experience! They usually use Hampden for the semi-finals but that's out of action due to the upcoming Commonwealth Games, the SFA choose the semi final grounds at the start of the season, guessing Celtic would probably make it so ruling out using their ground and opting for Ibrox as the next biggest football venue in the country. Should be some good banter, I went to the semi-final a few years ago between Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers, and if you can stick around in the city for a decent night out.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great day out in the Dundee United end. Rangers played the better football, but Dundee Utd took their chances.

On another note, I have never in all my life seen such bias refereeing towards rangers.

1) blatant penalty not give to Dundee United

2) rangers players throwing themselves to the floor all over the place and getting free kicks (one led to the Rangers goal).

3) Dundee United were getting kicked all over the park, even sometimes free kicks going to Rangers when they should have gone the other way.

It really was so blatant, you would not believe it unless you were there. So all this said Dundee United did pretty well to run out 3-1 winners.

Great city though and some nice drinking places!

I think I saw Glasgowsaint asking for the head of mccoist at the end of the game.....well the have lost a couple of cup games and drawn a couple of league game this season! Not good enough!

Had a great day out in the Dundee United end. Rangers played the better football, but Dundee Utd took their chances.

On another note, I have never in all my life seen such bias refereeing towards rangers.

1) blatant penalty not give to Dundee United

2) rangers players throwing themselves to the floor all over the place and getting free kicks (one led to the Rangers goal).

3) Dundee United were getting kicked all over the park, even sometimes free kicks going to Rangers when they should have gone the other way.

It really was so blatant, you would not believe it unless you were there. So all this said Dundee United did pretty well to run out 3-1 winners.

Great city though and some nice drinking places!

I think I saw Glasgowsaint asking for the head of mccoist at the end of the game.....well the have lost a couple of cup games and drawn a couple of league game this season! Not good enough!

:lol:

Have you ever witnessed a better atmosphere? You should try an old firm game when they return..... WOW

:lol:

Have you ever witnessed a better atmosphere? You should try an old firm game when they return..... WOW

Dundee United fans were amazing and very colourful. It had a feeling of negativity in the air, which is not surprising really with what is going on at the club.

Yes I should imagine the old firm game would be amazing, even on the tv it comes across, but they were much better about 10 years ago, the last few were a bit tame.

Best atmosphere for me was home to the skates every day! The passion in that game is amazing ;), but of course it is very emotional and close to the heart!