Terry Paine Club President

spyinthesky

Bearing in mind that Terry was most likely a Cortese appointment, I wonder if he has the same relationship with Katherina and the new Execs and he will remain as Club President?

Meanwhile understand that the Board Room was fully occupied for the last game, compared to the Cortese days when it was a bit embarrassing for away Directors and the like.

Apparently Katherina brings a lot of friends to games she attends and seems to enjoy the experience, which hopefully is a good sign.

I suppose we should be under no illusions that the Liebherr family had no initial interest in football, or Southampton FC, and probably still see it as an investment opportunity but the hope is that the football experience, decent results and the gratitude of Saints fans will ensure the family ownership will ensure the club continues to progress.

Nothing against Terry Paine (Great Player and Servant of the Club) but I would question his appointment in the first place. John Mortimore was appointed Club President and I don't remember anything about him being stood down or resigning. In any case Lawrie Macmenemy should have been appointed to succeed Ted Bates by any reasonable reckoning.

Nothing against Terry Paine (Great Player and Servant of the Club) but I would question his appointment in the first place. John Mortimore was appointed Club President and I don't remember anything about him being stood down or resigning. In any case Lawrie Macmenemy should have been appointed to succeed Ted Bates by any reasonable reckoning.

Agree.

I always thought the Terry Paine 'appointment' served two purposes for NC, it went some way to defuse the claims he (NC) was not interested in the club's history etc, and the fact Paine lived in South Africa was far enough away from Southampton not to find Paine's views being sought by the press at every twist and turn.

Mick Channon might have been equally deserving of recognition, but of course unlikely not to offer an opinion if asked.