Shane Long

tpbury

Why does he look stupid? He bothered to turn out to the game (more than you did) and has given an honest opinion on what he saw. Don't see a problem with that.

Thank you. As I tried to explain in an earlier post, I went to see him as it was a good opportunity to see SL with my own eyes and to see what he is capable of. Sadly he didn't play the whole game, which I expected him to, and the 30 minuted he did play, he did nothing. The Republic are a awful team so anybody with any real talent should shine amongst the mediocrity. Robbie Brady and Aiden McGeady both managed to do this and both looked impressive as did Robbie Keane when he came on.

I got chatting to a few people sat near me and told them I was a Saints fan, every one of them pretty much reacted in the same way... 12 Million for Shane Long? And then some comment like... That's what happens when other clubs know that you've got money... Your manager's been smoking something in Amsterdam... He's ok but never worth that money & we were shocked when Hull paid £6m for him! And the classic... are yous a bunch of feckin' eejuts. :-)