Stoke 2 Saints 3 - Match & Reactions

Wiggles31

MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)  

243 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Gardos
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Long
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Cork
    • Alderweireld

All very true but it doesn't hide the fact that we seem to be weak in the Keeper department. Cropper may be better than we know or Gazzaniga may be overcoming his weaknesses but I wouldn't feel too confident with either of them facing top Prem teams. Boruk isn't available and in any case he's probably past his sell-by date. Davis, excellent pro that he is, must be losing the battle with Old Father Time. In hindsight one of the reserve keepers could have been given a game last night and couldn't have done any worse than Forster. Might as well play one of them against Sheff Utd to remind Forster that there is competition.

Boruc is on a 93 day loan and can be recalled immediately after the first month, so is now available if we need him.

So I'm not the only one that has noticed this? It's understandable that at 6'7" it's a long way down. As you say, hopefully he can have coaching on this.

At Spurs and Stoke the ball went through defenders legs so not seen until late. Davis was at fault for giving the silly tug and Morgan missed his tackle allowing Nzonzi to run at the defence which screened him from Forster.

I'm not sure coaching is going to help much because it's more a physical issue than one of technique. I've seen no reason to ditch the concerns I had back in August.

I suspect that his weakness has been spotted, but I'm not seeing enough of his "plus side" - dominance on crosses. Granted, the route is usually blocked - especially against a team like Stoke, but I think we're going to need more from Forster than we've seen so far. Sure, we have a superb GA record but IMO that's largely down to the back four and the two playing in front of them.

He has made some kamikaze last ditch one on one saves. I like him and think he is a big part of our success, he'd get in my side every time Bill.