Stoke 2 Saints 3 - Match & Reactions

Wiggles31

MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)  

243 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs Stoke (Away 2014/15 League Cup)

• Forster
    • Targett
    • Clyne
    • Gardos
    • Fonte
    • Schneiderlin
    • Wanyama
    • Davis, S
    • Long
    • Tadic
    • Pelle
    • Cork
    • Alderweireld

Got dragged down to Stokes level in the second half and our football disappeared

we needed to be dragged up to stokes level more like, we switched off and were poor defensively, stoke were better than us second half overall

I got a text from someone who posts on here "put your money on a stoke red card before the end" sure enough, Crouch had gone within 5 mins :lol:

First half excellent, Pelles hold up play is top draw and two good finishes, he really is a find. Tadic is a rolls Royce of a player. Long worked hard, pleased for him. Defended well first half but a bit shaky second. Saw their second goal coming but showed great character to turn it round again.

we needed to be dragged up to stokes level more like, we switched off and were poor defensively, stoke were better than us second half overall

No Stoke stopped as playing football with endless fouls and set pieces and turned the whole thing in a slugging match. Fair play they had no chance at out footballing us so they killed off the football.

Really enjoyed that

Would have been out of sight if not for Gardos & Targett - no critique of them they showed huge promise and showed inexperience in equal measure, so the Cup run is great to get them up to speed.

Forster looked like he had lead weights in his boots tonight. Felt we held our own in the toe to toe be nasty battle.

Shane Long is simply the ONLY player you want chasing down a ball in the oppo half with 5 mins left, draws the foul every time. REALLY thought we needed to bring on Corkie earlier than we did.

Our MotM - surely it has to be agent Crouch or the Ref. Crouch should have gone for trying to take Targetts's head off with his elbow but LUCKILY the Ref only got a yellow and then let's be honest his attempt at a Kung Fu Kick on Steve Davis was as bad as some of the stuff Jean Claude Van Damme has done of late.

Stupid bouncing ball leads to clinical finish.

Perfect way to kill of a nasty dirty and, frankly amazingly Ugly looking team. (That last insight was from the wife but actually it sums scfc up)

Just plain ugly

Appreciate the thanks guys. I've found their streams on Stadium live pretty stable.

I have lots of worries after tonight's display. We're getting closer and closer to the bubble bursting and Stoke really push us to the limit. Forster is not the answer, and Boruc commands the goal area whereas Forster just stands there. We desperately need a better keeper and it'll be like last year with Forster injured and having Davies and Gazza filling in.

Pelle is sheer amazing but Tadic is looking more and more jaded. We need an alternative option especially on corners, free kicks. Davis isn't the answer. There's nothing wrong with the players playing every 3 days as we have to rise to the occasion if we are to realise our dream.

Terrific result, all the usual names did the business but really chuffed for Shane Long. Not just his goal, but I thought he made a huge impact with our approach play.

Florin G had a decent game, but when stoke piled on the pressure he looked a bit vulnerable. I thought Matt Target looked very good indeed.

Great evening, ffs, please let us have a home draw next round!

Great win, Stoke are a tough test and we've beaten them home and away. Love good gritty wins, much better test of character than 8-0 romps.

This is shaping up to be a exceptional team.

Can we finally get some silverware (paint pot excluded) this season? If we get lucky with injuries we must be closer to it than at any time in the last 30 years.

Yeah C´mon!!! Feck me I´m enjoying this season. On holiday in Tenerife, watched in a bar call the Britannia run by one very ****ed off but totally respectful Stoke fan.

Agree Long was outstanding and he would have been MOM had it not been for the unstoppable Pelle. Morgan also superb. Targett makes me feel it won´t be THAT bad if we don´t sew up Bertrand on a permanent deal.

Good draw too (at last) but still a tad aggrieved we are away yet again. :uhoh:

Great draw, Hopefully we draw Chelsea after that (would rather take the chance of losing in a semi final than final). Everyone else I think are beatable on whatever occasion.

Good to see a Saints side that actually takes their chances, and to any of the hapless stoke s*itmunchers reading right now, the reason people still associate your city and team with being cloggy, unattractive dross that no man should have to endure, is that y'know, It's true. I know smashing people in the face doesn't seem like a red card offence to you, because that's how you and your 'mates' celebrate outside of your bedsit on a friday night, while blaming every other race, region and gender for their view of your nasty little bolthole, but to most the human race, it's just tragic.

Does anyone have a link to a replay of full match? Would love to watch again.

One yellow now. He has four, three of which have come in the League Cup. Would be a blow to lose him for a game, especially as a few of the yellows have been silly.

If we're gonna lose him then at home to Leicester is the most convenient one coming up, so a yellow in the next game please...

Appreciate the thanks guys. I've found their streams on Stadium live pretty stable.

I have lots of worries after tonight's display. We're getting closer and closer to the bubble bursting and Stoke really push us to the limit. Forster is not the answer, and Boruc commands the goal area whereas Forster just stands there. We desperately need a better keeper and it'll be like last year with Forster injured and having Davies and Gazza filling in.

Pelle is sheer amazing but Tadic is looking more and more jaded. We need an alternative option especially on corners, free kicks. Davis isn't the answer. There's nothing wrong with the players playing every 3 days as we have to rise to the occasion if we are to realise our dream.

You are one crazy mofo fART

Great draw, Hopefully we draw Chelsea after that (would rather take the chance of losing in a semi final than final). Everyone else I think are beatable on whatever occasion.

Good to see a Saints side that actually takes their chances, and to any of the hapless stoke s*itmunchers reading right now, the reason people still associate your city and team with being cloggy, unattractive dross that no man should have to endure, is that y'know, It's true. I know smashing people in the face doesn't seem like a red card offence to you, because that's how you and your 'mates' celebrate outside of your bedsit on a friday night, while blaming every other race, region and gender for their view of your nasty little bolthole, but to most the human race, it's just tragic.

Guan, there's a site called footballorgin.com which uploads every premier league match, as well as cup games featuring PL sides. It's not up yet, but should be in a couple of hours. If not, definitely tomorrow.

My Koeman-love grows by the day, so refreshing to see such a positive approach to this competition. Among the many positives to come out the game were Long getting off the mark, no players getting injured despite Adam's best efforts, and the fact we don't have to play Stoke again for a few months (unfortunate FA Cup draws permitting...).

Pelle MoM of course, who else?

Just back from the game. Great first half, superb Pelle strike and good to see Long get a goal.

Garden and Targett dud well, midfield very assured. Could have had 2 more.

Worrying that we tired under the physical barrage in the second half. Tadic faded and Pelle looked out on his feet. Midfield mistakes crept in, Wanyama the worst culprit but not alone. Forster didn't take charge when they had a series of corners and the equaliser was inevitable.

Great character though to come back for the win, well taken by Pelle, great reaction.

Hard to pick between Fonte, Davis and Pelle for MOTM.

Tough job to recover for Hull.

Great win but why does the BBC not give us any credit

Listening in the car on the way back from hockey . And Alan green said Chelsea are the outstanding premiership team this season and they only team to come close to them is Citeh .

Why do the beeb allow such morons on the radio to spout this crap . Not a single mention if saints

Great win but why does the BBC not give us any credit

Listening in the car on the way back from hockey . And Alan green said Chelsea are the outstanding premiership team this season and they only team to come close to them is Citeh .

Why do the beeb allow such morons on the radio to spout this crap . Not a single mention if saints

Dinosaurs. When we're the household name in 2030, all the new media people that grew up with Saints as one of the biggest teams in the country will be loving us.

If only.

Sure made hard work of that, Gardos made a few errors and then lost confidence. Wanyama's distribution is awful. Targett still has a great deal to learn. This is why they don't start every week. Give away five corners in a row and the law of averages says one is bound to go in.

Credit to Koeman, he didn't panic even when they clawed two back and gave the reserve lads almost a full match despite their lack of match fitness, that showed in the last quarter of an hour, only bringing on reinforcements to shore up the defence for the last 5 minutes.

Adams is a dirty ba**ard.

Just back from the hotel bar, via bus and walk from the ground. To be fair, plenty of Stoke fans very complimentary about us despite obvious disappointment. Unhappy with Crouch and their general lack of effect first half

Edited by Bucks Saint

Sportsnation has a game on demand feature but you have to subscribe/pay so would only be wooorth it if you were going to watch live games on it aswell.

Back in my Newcastle under Lyme hotel and reflecting on a good game. Stoke fans were sound. The old man and I got the shuttle bus in with a load of them. They love the eat off the floor chant. They actually sang it en-route, swapping "you" for "we". Top class. Lot of nice things to say about Saints, and once again goes to show that the nobends that post on football forums aren't representative, myself included.

Dirty team, though. Can't help being reminded of dogs with bad owners. Little Sparky on the touchline losing his cool all the time. Must rub off.

Sorry to Bucks Saint for missing you, but I daresay Sheffield will be a better night out than Stoke.

Back in my Newcastle under Lyme hotel and reflecting on a good game. Stoke fans were sound. The old man and I got the shuttle bus in with a load of them. They love the eat off the floor chant. They actually sang it en-route, swapping "you" for "we". Top class. Lot of nice things to say about Saints, and once again goes to show that the nobends that post on football forums aren't representative, myself included.

Dirty team, though. Can't help being reminded of dogs with bad owners. Little Sparky on the touchline losing his cool all the time. Must rub off.

Sorry to Bucks Saint for missing you, but I daresay Sheffield will be a better night out than Stoke.

Likewise Pap. Next time... Same experience, bar the singing, on my bus back. Decent folks, pretty balanced with their views and admitted they were outclassed for long periods. Fair play