Is Jill still Around?

twiglet

More details needed plse.

Isn't this some sort of reference to a poster that owed money to another poster over some form of cat transaction, and despite the poster that owed the money being universally derided on here, he never paid.

I have a vague memory of it, but I could be making it all up I suppose.

If that is the case, then who are you twiglet?

Either way, pleased to meet you, and welcome to TMS*.

*That's "Welcome" - in a "I'm now going to run your posts through the Beltch-o-tron to see what you've previously posted about" sort-of-a-way.

How's your head this morning, Toke?

Conflicted over your loyalties for last night's game?

I know you're a big fan of Basingstoke Town, but at least Shonan beat Yokohama at the w/e.

Any other games on last night?

Hi Bletch

Yeah I hate England Scotland matches. I generally watch every England match and support them from dire boring match to dire boring match. The usual tempo of an England performance is similar to you and Mrs Bletch on your birthday. Then when England play Scotland 2 strange things happen, 1) I suddenly find England and their fans massively disagreeable and arrogant. Suddenly I cannot see Clyne on the pitch at all or myself in the crowd, all I can see is Rooney, Ashley Cole, John Terry back from the dead and the crowd is made up of loadsamoney type characters and toffs. 2) England suddenly become a decent team, playing at a high tempo, keeping the ball but probing for chances as well.

I watched a bit of the match and then put on Downton Abbey, that way at least one of the family could be happy. I played football manager.

Hi Bletch

Yeah I hate England Scotland matches. I generally watch every England match and support them from dire boring match to dire boring match. The usual tempo of an England performance is similar to you and Mrs Bletch on your birthday. Then when England play Scotland 2 strange things happen, 1) I suddenly find England and their fans massively disagreeable and arrogant. Suddenly I cannot see Clyne on the pitch at all or myself in the crowd, all I can see is Rooney, Ashley Cole, John Terry back from the dead and the crowd is made up of loadsamoney type characters and toffs. 2) England suddenly become a decent team, playing at a high tempo, keeping the ball but probing for chances as well.

I watched a bit of the match and then put on Downton Abbey, that way at least one of the family could be happy. I played football manager.

Thanks for cheering me up there, Toke.

BTW - why do people use the word dour when describing the Scotch?

BTW2 - stay away from sharp objects today, oh, and don't wear a tie or take a length of hose* into the garage.

BTW3 - it doesn't happen every birthday - it has to be a special one.

* not a euphemism.

Who did you play as your goalie? Carson* or Mrs Hughes?

* a euphemism for Bletch, apparently. (I've heard he’s dour, or was that dire, between the posts, or was that sheets – blowed if I can remember)

Because if you imagine it said in a Scottish accent, it sounds funny.

I believe that it should be mandatory to say certain things with a Scottish accent.

For example, if someone tells a crap joke, the inevitable refrain of "rib-tickling" could only be delivered in a slow sarcastic Scottish brogue.

Apparently Edinburgh people sound professional. I'm not really clarifying that last point on purpose. Seeds planted, etc.