Koeman still wants Elia

andoru

• 3 weeks later...
after watching those two games .....I could think of crazier ideas, he seemed to be their best player.

I'm amazed he's not played at a much higher level every time I've seen him play (admittedly not often) he looks very good, I remember one edition of Champ Manager where he was very tasty.

I'm amazed he's not played at a much higher level every time I've seen him play (admittedly not often) he looks very good, I remember one edition of Champ Manager where he was very tasty.

Elia always had big potential but he made some wrong choices or his agent did. His move to Juventus is a good example: it was all about the money but careerwise really stupid. So he had the cash to crash some Bentley's at four o' clock in the morning but his career went down the hill faster than his cars could... At 28 it looks like he's changed his mind now, he could have gone to some desert for many more millions but instead he chose to play for Feyenoord to get back in form and to enjoy some real football in a real stadium. He doesn't play for the money as Feyenoord has a salary cap (500K in euro's before taxes...) which they will exceed for a player like Elia but it won't be far more than 1 million euro's and that's peanuts to him. As he's getting better and better I expect him to be selected for the Dutch national team to put some pressure on Memphis Depay who doesn't deliver...