Saints V Man United - Post Match Reactions

St Chalet

Having been at both games, for me the difference was in 1984 we went to Highbury expecting to win, had the better of the game and then got beaten at the end. That's what was so gutting - plus the Everton supporters were nauseous. Sunday's game was different in that I went hoping to win, but not actually expecting to. The disappointment was that we got so close to winning.

Didn't have a perfectly good goal disallowed against Everton?

The only thing I understand from the commentary is 'Mamma mia' but that says it all.

[video=youtube;eX2mKAx0-5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2mKAx0-5I

Just as an aside for the amount of times Man U are on the box when are the bloody officials going to wise up and penalise Smalling for constantly having a handful of oppos shirt, they quickly shut down Huth and Morgan this season with the extra emphasis on penalties being awarded for such an action, yet it seems this Charlie ain't going to get pinged until he moves to a lesser club.

The only thing I understand from the commentary is 'Mamma mia' but that says it all.

[video=youtube;eX2mKAx0-5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX2mKAx0-5I

Having seen that video, I'm surprised the lino didn't flag Stephens offside as he's clearly beyond the last defender, definitely interfering with play while being in De Gea's eyesight and playing for "not one of the big clubs" mode off>

Being serious, the reaction and celebration of the fans and the spell immediately after will stay with me forever. I was sat next to the press box for the game and when the 1st goal was ruled out, those of us there could see the replays on their monitors and them all shaking their collective heads knowing that it was the wrong decision.

It'll go down as a chance missed, Utd were there for the taking and that will always be a regret, but that performance will hopefully spur us on to a good finish to the season.

Special thanks to Wealdstone FC on the day, good club and very welcoming for a pre match drink and nice to see a nipper in a Fawley Falcons hoodie there, a club I played for nearly 40 years ago when I lived in the area as a kid.