Gao Away! protests

benjii

Gao needs to ac to protect his investment but shows no signs of doing so or having the nouse to do so.

Which leads onto the question "is it really his investment?".

How much of his own personal wealth did he use for the purchase? (I can't remember). All I recall is that substantial loans were taken to support the purchase, which I'm assuming he's not personally liable for, so all he risks is his reputation and not his own personal assets and wealth if the club went into administration.

Under those circumstances if he has other business ventures that are, or could be, more profitable he'll focus his attention on those (or those where the Chinese government would hold him responsible for failure).

As of right now, I don't actually have much of a problem with Gao. I know all that guff about taking us to the next level was just Kat trying to smooth her exit and make it look like she had the clubs best interests at heart but to me he is just a generic foreign Premier League owner, like everyone else seems to have. Strangely, the clubs who are doing alright never seem to have a problem with it but the ones who are struggling do.

It all comes down to what's on the pitch. Gao hasn't done what I feared, which is sell everybody, try to build a team out of Gallagher, Sims, Targett and Stephens and spin it as some exciting young English team. We've spent money which is pretty much par for a club of our size. If we can't get some decent performances out of Vest, Moi, Gunn and Ings, then Gao isn't the problem.

I've only used Transfermarkt's figured, but if you look at transfer activity since the takeover was completed, we haven't spent any more on fees than we've brought in from sales. Maybe it's just early days, and maybe the VVD fee was so huge it distorts the picture, but at the same time, that's exactly the strategy I'd expect someone who bought the club with borrowed money to adopt.

So!

We have posters on here who are banging the protest drum daily ,Glasgow, Saint86, Larry12, Nordic saint to name a few, yet

fail to actually have a plan about what to do or how to go about it all the while boring us to death telling us

how weak and soft we are, etc

Why don`t these vocal lot actually do something positive and lead us in this protest they crave...