University

saint_stevo

Ive been in a dead end ****ty garden centre job since leaving college in 2007 because I thought uni just wasnt for me. After applying for about 20+ jobs in the I.T field, and being told on more than 15 ocasions that I dont stand a chance without a degree, im off to huddersfield in september to do comuting. **** the nay-sayers on here, you dont get onto the job shortlist these days without a proper education. Will be nice to get away from this **** hole and meet some new people anyway.

Here I am. :-)

Uni is completely pointless and a MASSIVE drain on tax-payers money. I have previously researched that on an average wage, a tax payer will pay £400 a year towards people on University courses.

Anyone who thinks that the 'fees' students pay cover anywhere near what their course costs are seriously deluded.

I am all for people going to Uni and studying a course which they NEED to do their chosen career. For example, Nurses, Doctors, Law etc

It is the spongers and wasters studying pointless courses just so the tax payer can pay for them to drink snakebits and act like c*nts that I hate.

In 90% of industries, an apprenticeship, taking a junior role, or simply moving up the ladder is a much more effective way of earning decent money.

If my children want to be Doctors etc then I will support them going to Uni, if they want me to pay for them to go on a jolly studying Media Studies, Tourism, David Beckham Studies or something equally pointless, then they will be dissapointed.

They will be given the option... join the Army or get a job/apprenticeship.

Harsh but fair.

Just for the record - I f*cking hate tax-robbing students.

So where does the 3k a year go, take a 100 students all paying 3k for one year of one course, this will equal 300k. Surely that must cover expensives?

And also, life is not all about money

So where does the 3k a year go, take a 100 students all paying 3k for one year of one course, this will equal 300k. Surely that must cover expensives?

And also, life is not all about money

I suspect stu was just TOO thick to get into any uni and thats why he hates students so much ;) not the first time ive seen you slagging students off to be fair stu. Just think that all the graduates with micky mouse degrees probably have a deeper knowledge and understanding of there chosen subject then most non graduates will ever have about any subject. Worth it for the expierience and uber nerd skills I reckon.