Membership options.

matt.rene

I can't fully work out the new membership options. As someone who goes to only a few matches a season, I've usually been ok with no membership. 

However it would be good to go to more matches this season with my kids and maybe a few away games also. Which membership would be best for this? 

For example, if I got 2 junior memberships and a lite membership, would I have to wait to book tickets to a big home match and run the risk of not actually being able to get tickets at all? 

I would argue that if its just home games you will go to, you'll still be okay without a membership.

With some aways, then it purely depends which ones you want to go to - usually all London away games don't make it down to membership as they get sold out whilst still only being sold to Season Ticket holders. I can imagine Brentford will be the hardest game to attend this season.

I'd personally recommend that you wait and see how sales for the Manchester United in just under 3 weeks goes - I reckon the game will make general sale to anyone with a purchase history - which I assume you will have so will get a ticket fine whilst saving membership fees.

The way you’ve described it, the lite option and two juniors is exactly what you want. And if you’re quick off the mark when tickets go on sale, you really won’t miss out on any of the matches you want to go to. The membership plus option seems to be if you want to plan out attendance in advance for the whole season. I have gone for the lite option myself and expect to attend the matches I want to attend 

The lite version seems to be very similar to the previous membership ootion which I held. I was able to get to all the home games I wanted to and take friends & family. I couldn't get away tickets for most but then i wasn't bothered about that. I have taken out the new lite membership.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see you needing to be a member for any home game to be honest, Man Utd is now on sale to anyone with a purchase history from 2014 and there's still thousands left , not surprisingly when you look at the prices, £89 for a padded seat in the Kingsland, used to be full of loyal regular Saints fans will probably have a few flash Southern man utd in there now.