Review of Premium Membership

Nath

Hi fellow Saints fans!

Is anyone able to give me a review on their experience in getting away tickets with only a Premium membership please? Were you actually able to get tickets to games against the 'big' teams? I currently live in London so the intent would be to try and go to every London away game and also any game in the midlands (Leicester, Wolves, Villa) and maybe another random game like Everton

Thanks in advance

Nath

Edited by Nath

4 hours ago, Nath said:

Hi fellow Saints fans!

Is anyone able to give me a review on their experience in getting away tickets with only a Premium membership please? Were you actually able to get tickets to games against the 'big' teams? I currently live in London so the intent would be to try and go to every London away game and also any game in the midlands (Leicester, Wolves, Villa) and maybe another random game like Everton

Thanks in advance

Nath

Hello, yeah I will try to jig my memory but 

Arsenal - sold out to season ticket holders

Palace - went to general sale but it was a Thursday night and only had c. 15 normal seats left, the rest were all restricted view. 

Spurs - went to general sale but only because it was a Wednesday night game, on a weekend it would deffo have gone at season ticket stage

Chelsea - went to general sale but was very few tickets left, only singles from memory

Watford - I think this went to general sale too but can’t remember

West Ham - this went general sale and didn’t sell out, but I think only because it was a Boxing Day fixture where public transport is very limited.

Brentford - remains to be seen but I see no chance of it going to members

Villa - went to general sale but there was little left

Wolves - went to general sale, there were loads left in fact

Anfield - went to general sale for restricted seats only

Man U - sold out at premium members despite being a Saturday 12:30 KO, I think the Ronaldo factor explains it

Man C - went to general sale

Everton - surprisingly for an opening day game went general sale and think we even returned some seats

If anyone can correct me would be great!

On 18/04/2022 at 03:07, nta786 said:

Everton - surprisingly for an opening day game went general sale and think we even returned some seats

We never travel well to Everton, really. Shit ground, shit away end, and we've got an appalling record there. Not much to like about it, really :lol:

Surprised so many games made general sale if your recall is correct, but in general our away numbers have been considerably up post-Covid - absolutely no way we'd have sold out Leeds away in the past, for example.

Our away support has been pretty decent in recent times.

Just wonder what take up would be like if we had a reasonably successful team.

Meantime a big up to Norwich who seem to fill their stadium for home games and the away end always looks full when they travel despite being the worst team in the Prem.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 00:07, nta786 said:

Hello, yeah I will try to jig my memory but 

Arsenal - sold out to season ticket holders

Palace - went to general sale but it was a Thursday night and only had c. 15 normal seats left, the rest were all restricted view. 

Spurs - went to general sale but only because it was a Wednesday night game, on a weekend it would deffo have gone at season ticket stage

Chelsea - went to general sale but was very few tickets left, only singles from memory

Watford - I think this went to general sale too but can’t remember

West Ham - this went general sale and didn’t sell out, but I think only because it was a Boxing Day fixture where public transport is very limited.

Brentford - remains to be seen but I see no chance of it going to members

Villa - went to general sale but there was little left

Wolves - went to general sale, there were loads left in fact

Anfield - went to general sale for restricted seats only

Man U - sold out at premium members despite being a Saturday 12:30 KO, I think the Ronaldo factor explains it

Man C - went to general sale

If anyone can correct me would be great!

Thank you for such a thorough answer! This is very helpful 

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...

nta786 has written a comprehensive reply, so this is just to add our experiences.

We have found the Premium Membership (£40/35) really useful for buying away tickets. Also living close to London, we tend to go to 5-10 games a year and my teenage son much prefers the away atmosphere. The tickets normally go on sale for premium members at 9:30am and you need to call/go online then to be in with the best chance of getting a choice tickets. This year we went to Chelsea (had very little choice of seats), Watford (good choice but mostly near the front), Norwich (loads of seats available when we booked), Man Utd (reasonable choice) and Brighton (again good choice mostly near the front). Whereas, by the time tickets go on general sale, choice is often very limited. The only games sold out before being offered to premium members which we wanted to see, were Arsenal and today's Brentford game.

As for Plan B, sitting in Itchen North this year, I asked the Newcastle fans sitting next to me how they got tickets and they said they registered with the SFC website!