Saints 2-0 Man City - The Treble is STILL on!

Lighthouse

MotM  

131 members have voted

1. 1. MotM

• Bazunu
    • KWP
    • DCC
    • Lyanco
    • Salisu
    • Lavia
    • JWP
    • Diallo
    • Mara
    • Armstrong
    • Djenepo
    • Orsic
    • Moi
    • Adams
    • Perraud

2 hours ago, Berkshire Saint said:

Seem to remember they broke Premier League rules by giving us a tiny allocation for the last game at Maine Road so were forced to give us a bigger allocation and subsidise the tickets for the 3-1 game! 

Pretty certain they had to give us tickets at half price - we took the full upstairs and downstairs allocation. Then the club subsidised the travel doing that half price too.

it was a good day out - we went as a family because it was cheap - with an early start and excitement  it caught up with our youngest daughter who was 9 at the time, even now she could sleep like the dead on top of a fence. She nodded off as the game got underway and was rudely awakened when Beattie scored “oh no I’ve missed a goal” most of our coach was sat around us in the stadium, had spotted her “failing”. Driving out of the stadium our coach was rowdy with young chaps singing a full repertoire of Saints songs which everyone joined in with - then one Lad turned to the back of the coach where we were sitting and started “who was sleeping when we scored” suddenly the whole coach was facing our way pointing and singing it - after a brief moment of embarrassment - she stood on her seat, lapped up the adulation and bowed to cheers.

• Haha 1

I eventually got around to watching the basic highlights on Sky and something struck me about our 'goal' that was disallowed for offside. There was quite a bit of debate on here recently about whether Salah should have been given offside against Wolves but wasn't because the ball came to him off a player who was considered to have deliberately played the ball before he received it.

In our game JWP had a shot on goal which was blocked by a defender who stuck his bum out to deflect the ball as it was going behind him. This was a deliberate action by the player so what is the difference between our game and Liverpool's? No VAR of course.

18 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I eventually got around to watching the basic highlights on Sky and something struck me about our 'goal' that was disallowed for offside. There was quite a bit of debate on here recently about whether Salah should have been given offside against Wolves but wasn't because the ball came to him off a player who was considered to have deliberately played the ball before he received it.

In our game JWP had a shot on goal which was blocked by a defender who stuck his bum out to deflect the ball as it was going behind him. This was a deliberate action by the player so what is the difference between our game and Liverpool's? No VAR of course.

I thought exactly the same thing.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

My understanding of it is that a player deliberately making a pass (or heading the ball) starts the next phase of play, whereas a deflection is deemed part of the original phase, as there was no intent to play the ball where it went (they're attempting to block it).

To be honest, given that I think the rules should be changed so that goals like Salah's are given as offside, I have no problem with our one being chalked off.

45 minutes ago, manzo said:

My understanding of it is that a player deliberately making a pass (or heading the ball) starts the next phase of play, whereas a deflection is deemed part of the original phase, as there was no intent to play the ball where it went (they're attempting to block it).

To be honest, given that I think the rules should be changed so that goals like Salah's are given as offside, I have no problem with our one being chalked off.

I agree completely. It's just that sometimes it seems like there's one ruling for Salah and his mates and another for the rest of us.

• Like 2