Current Squad

spyinthesky

23 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

I reckon we now have 30 players in our 1st team squad.

I think we are allowed 25 plus any U21's who are probably Lavia, Edozie, Larios, Livramento and Alcarez??

The player wage bill was around £58m last year. It must be more now.

Worth noting that Forster, Romeu and Redmond were all paid pretty well, We've brought alot of younger players in who I imagine wouldn't demand the earth.

I imagine Bompey, are paying the cost of Stephens wages too. I doubt it's as bad as you'd likely think.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Worth noting that Forster, Romeu and Redmond were all paid pretty well, We've brought alot of younger players in who I imagine wouldn't demand the earth.

I imagine Bompey, are paying the cost of Stephens wages too. I doubt it's as bad as you'd likely think.

Yep, just what I was going to add. Over the last couple of windows we've shed loads of high earners. The wage bill would have had some decent room in it in my opinion.

Forster was paid a crazy amount of money to start with, and ditto Redmond. Guys like Lavia, ABK, Edozie etc will be on fractions of what they were on - and likewise Alcaraz and Bree. Another advantage of focusing on youth rather than established - they won't want as much in wages.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1