Lewie 'The Saint' Edmondson

Esher Saint

Been reading about this promising young boxer from Southampton - talk is he's destined for a world title further down the line. Love the fact he chosen 'The Saint' as name - clearly an SFC fan. Anything that puts The Saints on the map is good by me. Someone mentioned his brother is on our books as well - anyone know? 

1 hour ago, Esher Saint said:

Been reading about this promising young boxer from Southampton - talk is he's destined for a world title further down the line. Love the fact he chosen 'The Saint' as name - clearly an SFC fan. Anything that puts The Saints on the map is good by me. Someone mentioned his brother is on our books as well - anyone know? 

It's his nephew Tyler who plays for the U18's, just going into second year scholarship.

Tyler is mates with my son, they went to the same school and played for Sholing together before Tyler got picked up by Saints at the start of their U14 season.

Lewie fought on the undercard of the Billam-Smith bill at the Vitality Stadium last weekend winning his 8th fight out of 8. Very early days to talk about world title fights, but will be interesting to see how he progresses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Esher Saint said:

He is class. Has the knack of hitting and not getting hit. My only concern is how he's being managed - he's not been busy enough, and should have had enough bouts by now to be pushing at (or holding) a British or even European title. 

• Like 1

Good fighter, injuries have prevented more fights but he's still young(ish). 

A few Southampton lads on the circuit at the minute. Lewie & Ryan Garner have the best chance at winning a title (Ryan was a fantastic amateur - like Lewie injuries have prevented him having enough pro fights to be in contention for a title at this stage), then you have Joe Pigford - main support on the Billiam-Smith show Saturday, but came up short suffering his first loss. 

All saints 'fans' and have followed the club home and away at various stages. 

Edited by Dman
  • Like 1