John to Palace?

saint_stevo

TBH, playing on his own up front and with Saganowski gone, I can't see John getting any more than 10 goals this season anyway. Mind you, when you look at the players we'd have left, that is almost prolific.

I hadn't been on this site for nearly 2 weeks before now. I come back and discover Davies and Rasiak have b*ggered off and we got beaten by Brum. I'm no Sir Allan Sugar, but surely if you keep cutting costs to the extent that you cannot deliver a product, your business is only going to get worse. I mean seriously what are we going to do when Killer, Thomas, Perry and DMG all pick up a knock at the same time?

We're going to continue losing every week.

That's why Poortvliet is looking to sign a new CB and striker.

Need a bit more than that IMO. Since the end of last season we have said goodbye too; Wright, Wright, Powell, Idiakez, Lucketti, Makin, Lundekvam, Poke, Pericard, Saganowski, Rasiak, Davies, Viafara, Safri, Hammill, Vignal, Ostlund, Licka and Baseya

and brought in; Schneiderlin, Holmes, Svensson, Forecast and Wotton.

That's 18 first team players, plus Baseya, replaced with 3 kids and 2 old timers with suspect recent fitness records. Even asuming Skacel, Euell, Davis and John stay, that is going to leave us very thin on the ground. Even at the start of the season with everyone fit and suspension free, we're being stretched. 4 or 5 injuries to the wrong players and we'd be struggling to put out a team.

Need a bit more than that IMO. Since the end of last season we have said goodbye too; Wright, Wright, Powell, Idiakez, Lucketti, Makin, Lundekvam, Poke, Pericard, Saganowski, Rasiak, Davies, Viafara, Safri, Hammill, Vignal, Ostlund, Licka and Baseya

and brought in; Schneiderlin, Holmes, Svensson, Forecast and Wotton.

That's 18 first team players, plus Baseya, replaced with 3 kids and 2 old timers with suspect recent fitness records. Even asuming Skacel, Euell, Davis and John stay, that is going to leave us very thin on the ground. Even at the start of the season with everyone fit and suspension free, we're being stretched. 4 or 5 injuries to the wrong players and we'd be struggling to put out a team.

Just shows how much crap we had on the books, but I do agree we need a bit more. Especially a rightback, otherwise I think we'll be fine.

Just shows how much crap we had on the books, but I do agree we need a bit more. Especially a rightback, otherwise I think we'll be fine.

I'd tend to disagree.

Up front: Where are the goals? John last season looked lost without Saganowski. BWP? DMG? Not convinced by any of them TBF.

Midfield: No really experience there. No one to pull the strings but Wotton, who by all accounts lacks any real quality. Not much creativity other than the unfit, estate agent's wet dream that is Rudi Skacel.

Defence: Svensson, Thomas, Perry and some kids. If Killer goes the whole season without injury I'll streak around Fratton Park. Perry is ancient and Thomas was hardly bullet-proof last season.

GK: All in order hear, no complaints from me.

Garbage though many of those players were, 3 different management teams picked them ahead of the players we have now. Is Schneiderlin really better than Licka? Is Hatch better than Wright? Is DMG better than Rasiak? You get the idea.

I think there are two points we can agree on though:

a) Yes we did have some crap last season

b) Yes, we do need a RB. :D

I can see where Saint Martini's coming from up to a point, but ultimately agree with you Alpine - if we're paying these b****rds' wages then they should be playing

What a great idea! Play people who will perform less well than the players in the team, because you are paying them and you can make them earn their money. At the same time you can make it clear to the players you've groomed for the first team, that they are second choice to people you are trying to sell. Brilliant! That should keep everyone on their toes!

Why on earth doesn't the club save even more by not employing qualified football coaches when there are some excellent amateurs on here with such simple ideas; with the emphasis on simple.