Players lost...

aintforever

Well I've think we've found the mug who is going to buy the Saints highlights of 2007/08 season DVD.

Really? Who is that then? Certainly not me. I've never bought one of those DVDs since the Le Tiss "Unbelievable" sort.

However much you put your head in the sand and pretend that last season was really good you can't get away from the fact that we achieved our worst league position for over 40 years.

....which followed on from our relegation, the worst position following 28 years in the Premiership. I don't "pretend" that the season was really good. Merely that it wasn't as bad in every game as some would like to make out. Do you comprehend the difference?

I've seen all of those and in my opinion the entertainment and football quality was the worst as well and that includes the Branfoot years.

What? you bought all the DVD and videos? Or did you mean that you attended all of the matches like I did?

You say we won 13 games like it was something to be proud of.

No. I say it as a matter of fact. Some would think that by the way others speak that we were uniformly crap the entire season. The matches won or drawn dispute that.

FFS S****horpe won 11 times Leicester 12 and Coventry 14. For me the epitome of last season was the Bristol R debacle which made us the laughing stock of the nation on prime time TV and I received calls from many parts of the country taking the ****.

Was the Bristol Rovers match any more embarassing than the matches against Tranmere and Leeds? Worse than Southend? We comprehensively beat the better Bristol team a few weeks later when they top of the division, so where's your perspective on that?

Perhaps you ought to exchange some of your contacts with people a bit more adult, or take it on the shoulder as a bit of harmless joshing.

For a large part of last season I was embarrassed to be a Saints fan and dreaded going to matches but from what I've seen so far from our youngsters I have been entertained, can't wait for the next match and even if we get relegated I am going to enjoy the season.

I also enjoy watching the youngsters play. What embarasses me is that we are a club run by two failed ex chairmen, foreign management inexperienced in this league playing equally inexperienced youngsters and that we are so pathetically cash strapped that anything that isn't bolted down is for sale.