Anton Ferdinand v Andrew Davies

L1Minus10

£8 million versus £1.3 million. Anton-donkey-Bradley-Wright-Phillips-Famous-brother-Who-Is-a-Better-Player-syndrome Ferdinand. I see Ferdinand and Davies as being at a similar level. If Anton is worth £6.7 million more then I've got more than one hole in my ass.

I find it crushingly sad that a club are willing to pay £8m for such an incredibly average player and it make you wonder how much we could have got for Davies had Sunderland been interested in him. No wonder football is ****ed.

A player is basically worth what someone is prepared to pay for him (and perhaps clauses in the contract) !

TBF Ferdinand has played a helluva lot more games at a higher level than Davies has done, including a cup final !

It is all very subjective anyway but I tend to agree that the disparity between the two fees seems extreme!

£8 million versus £1.3 million. Anton-donkey-Bradley-Wright-Phillips-Famous-brother-Who-Is-a-Better-Player-syndrome Ferdinand. I see Ferdinand and Davies as being at a similar level. If Anton is worth £6.7 million more then I've got more than one hole in my ass.

I find it crushingly sad that a club are willing to pay £8m for such an incredibly average player and it make you wonder how much we could have got for Davies had Sunderland been interested in him. No wonder football is ****ed.

too true,you are paying for the name imo.

let the premiership boys waste their money on old rope,if they cant be bothered to look around for a bargain then let them get on with it.

sunderland are just another yo-yo team, they will be down more than they will be up.

keane doesnt have an eye for a decent player like the man he is trying to emulate (alex ferguson) and wastes millions on players who are second rate then quickly runs out of patience with those players.

i for one would love to see that smug 'potato head' fall on his arse,better still i would love to see him in the street and then put him on his arse.